What about Metro???

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Everyone's talking about Bolt. What about this Metro Company?? I was looking over their paperwork and contracts and noticed that Bolt was a reference point. I thought that was unusual. I think most of the companies are trying to run independent contractors and not mess with leasing operators. Seems as though everyone wants you to have your own Liability, Cargo and such so why lease? Why run someones banner on your rig permanently and supply everything but the dispatcher????

I would rather run with my own Insurance because if something does happen you don't have to go through the carrier to get a claim done.

Just my thought and curious see what others think.

Last edited:

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
If you mean Metro Parcel & Freight out of Michigan, I worked for em & they're a good company. For me personally, I wanted local & where I live made it difficult to get runs. They told me many times if I moved to the Detroit area things would be a lot better. At that time it would have meant 2 house/rent payments. I didn't think I could swing it. They just didn't have much freight near Flint. I have not one qualm w/ em & recommend em highly.

Their dispatchers are first rate. Their owner is a pretty cool guy. They'll pay ya on time. They pay once a week. You do need Nextel to be on w/ em. The satellite is $15/month. The Nextel service is like $60. So after taxes & such you're paying about $80/month for your cell phone. The satellite is thru Nextel, not qualcom. I think they have direct deposit, but not absoultely positive.

Give em a call & good luck to ya.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Everyone's talking about Bolt. What about this Metro Company?? I was looking over their paperwork and contracts and noticed that Bolt was a reference point. I thought that was unusual. I think most of the companies are trying to run independent contractors and not mess with leasing operators. Seems as though everyone wants you to have your own Liability, Cargo and such so why lease? Why run someones banner on your rig permanently and supply everything but the dispatcher????

I would rather run with my own Insurance because if something does happen you don't have to go through the carrier to get a claim done.

Just my thought and curious see what others think.

Which Metro, the one in Michigan or the one in Tenn?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Which Metro, the one in Michigan or the one in Tenn?

Hey John. The one in Michigan. I was just looking over their p/wk and it had Bolt down as a reference, I don't remember a carrier using another carrier as a reference w/out being tied in with them. I caught all this while reading an article about them.

Just a curiosity thing on my part.:cool:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have to admit that does sound a bit unusual for a reference, but I do not know of any ownership or management connections between the two companies. We have always had a pretty good relationship with Metro our of Michigan and Metro (not related) out of Tennessee as well.

goslow

Seasoned Expediter
I have hauled a few loads for them and they pay within 30 days of POD & invoice. I believe they also run a truckload division. This is the one out of Mi. The one out of Tn. does not seem to want to pay the rates I offer them... So I have never hauled a load for them. The last time Metro out of Tn. called me for a available van I gave them a rate of 1.37 and they told me I was out of my mind. I told them to have a nice day:D