weather band radio

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont think a radio would have done any good that day.Destoryed my nephews apt. that day.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
I found out Christmas day that the Samsung Galaxy Appeal will alert you to weather warnings. The phone tried to warn me about the possibility of a flash flood, by the time it did so, I think I already had pretty good notion that flash floods were possible:confused::D.

Apparently that app already was preloaded on phone when I purchased it. So I am unable to offer any help or info about where to obtain that particular app for now.

I am wondering if most so called smart phones, already have this weather app loaded from the factory?:confused:

jimmy

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found out Christmas day that the Samsung Galaxy Appeal will alert you to weather warnings. The phone tried to warn me about the possibility of a flash flood, by the time it did so, I think I already had pretty good notion that flash floods were possible:confused::D.

Apparently that app already was preloaded on phone when I purchased it. So I am unable to offer any help or info about where to obtain that particular app for now.

I am wondering if most so called smart phones, already have this weather app loaded from the factory?:confused:

jimmy

It was a new program that started this past summer. Here is an article on it.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-06-28/weather-alerts-smartphones/55898356/1

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
It was a new program that started this past summer. Here is an article on it.

Weather alerts coming soon to smartphone near you

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

"The system doesn't use the satellite-based global positioning system to determine a phone's location. Participating carriers just send an alert out from every cell tower in the affected county, and capable smartphones pick it up.

So if a user from Minneapolis travels to Kansas City, Mo., that person would get local warnings for Kansas City, not their home city. That feature sets the system apart from weather apps that deliver information based on users' ZIP code but don't automatically update their locations when users travel."

Good info. Thanks Xiggi

jimmy