Weather Alert in the NW

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I know many of you don't go too far west and/or north west,
However I also know some on here go all over...

I came down from Sumner, WA (Tacoma/Seattle area) on I-90 east,
to I-82 to I-84... Thru OR, ID
and now am in Salt Lake City, UT (again).

I-84 had alot of snow on it east/south of Boise, I ran it last nite, there's some slick spots. Cabbage (Biiiig Mt. near Pendleton, OR) is nasty... you'll have to throw iron on (thats chains for the newbies).

Snoqualmie Pass up on I-90 in WA is bad,
like Chain up or else kinda bad.

I-80 outa Salt Lake City east is ok 'til you get over towards Evanston, WY area... CB chatter is sayin' it's closed. I know it was closed west of Cheyenne yesterday afternoon.

Guys/gals, if any of you are goin' this way, be advised of this...
Get you some windshield washer fluid with DeIcer in it,
you'll need it. Make sure you got what you need, it's very cold over here and nasty, from snow drifts, to winds to ice and slick spots and snow covered roads...
rain, sleet, snow and sometimes a mixture of all 3.

Make sure you got plenty of fuel, some spots last nite I was the only rig for an hour or more down I-84.

Me? I've got to be in Denver by 0800 on Friday morning.
I'm not exactly sure that is going to happen or not due to I-80 conditions. Next I go to Edwardsville (Kansas City area), KS.
My Final is in Nashville, TN. All 3 I've got appt. times.

By the way, I-84 last nite in ID... I was goin' about 35-45 most of the way, and I can count on 1 hand the number of "Vehicles" that passed me in one 3 hour block early this AM.
West Bound doubles and triples were chaining up in spots.

Just wanted to alert drivers in case any of you are coming out this way and/or get a load offer out this way...

I hope I-80 improves, I'm takin' it to I-25 south,
then to I-270 in Denver, then I-70 east across to I-64.

Later, BigBob in the Big Swifter