We Need You Prayers

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
My Brother in Law and Sister were presented with an opportunity to adopt a baby. Since they can't have children of their own they jumped on the chance. The father is in prison and will be there for at least another 20 years and the mother is crystal meth addicted. The father had no problems signing the adoption papers, but last tuesday the mother decided all of the sudden she didn't want to. Of course that is her right. The baby is in D.H.S. custody. Then on Thursday the mother and the guy she is shacked up with evidently got into it and she stole his car and took off towards Michigan. I think we can all agree that it will be much better for this baby to be in a steady home where he is the only child than in an orphanage. That is just my thinking though. I guess I'm partial to family. My brother in law is a pastor and my sister is a fourth grade school teacher. I think they would be better parents than his birth parents.

jay shipley

Seasoned Expediter
I'll be praying for you. I inadvertently married into one of the drug infested families, but not my wife....the kids are grown, drug infested themselves now, and spitting babies that we get to care for through the "system". Unless we can extract the babies from them, the cycle will continue. The parents who have the problem shoudln't be allowed any further contact with them for the rest of their lives. She probably only wants the baby to get drug money from the government anyway. Maybe the stolen car will help make the decision about her worth and resposibility. God Bless.....

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
I believe the mother's criminal actions might deem her unfit and the child a ward of the state. It could be argued that she is not of sound mind to take such a decision, and therefore, her decision is not needed. God Bless your relatives for attempting to take a child out of the endless cycle that drug abuse presents.

Scott