warranty & fuel economy

keithw

Expert Expediter
I think I've exhausted every option except EO.I'm tryin to find warranty info on freightliner,or hell any Mfg.And fuel economy ratings on class 6 & 7 straight trucks
Thanks in advance for your help

G

Not sure, but I think is 2 years, unlimited miles. As to fuel mileage, I have an International 4700 so it's hard to compare, but I get about 9.5 mpg overall with a 230 hp DT466E and a MD3060 Allison trans.

lostroamer

Expert Expediter
Hope this helps..when we had simular questions about our FL70, we called our local Freightliner Service center, gave them the VIN #, and a week later we got a fax from Knoxville Freightliner where the truck was origionally brought from with all the warranty info on it and points of contacts with names.
Best of luck to you

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Freightliner has a National hot line manned 24 hours a day.You can call them at 1-800-385-4357,give them the last 6 digits of your vin number and they can tell you everything about the truck.They can also help with technical assistance. As far as mileage goes that can be all over the place,depending on your engine and how you drive. I have a FL 70 with the Cummins C 8.3 and I average about 10.5 - 11 MPG,sometimes it gets up to 12,sometimes based on winds and loads it drops to 9.

keithw

Expert Expediter
thanx for everyone's input.I'm looking to buy a truck,so the fuel economy is very important in making my decision