VRU Option 1 Option 6

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you use this Load Opportunity option, you should know the computer will not call you back to inform of the accept, or Sorry. You will need to check the C-Link, or run Option 2 Option 2 after 10 minutes.

At least thats the way it worked for me today. (VRU Opt 2 Opt 2 said I was "Deadheding in route to the pickup in IND).

aileron

Expert Expediter
Sometimes the computer forgets to call you back even when you are available on the phone and you got an opportunity on the phone and accepted it.
Last week I accepted a load opportunity and never heard back. It happened that 15 min later I went online and saw that I was on the load.

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sometimes the computer forgets to call you back even when you are available on the phone and you got an opportunity on the phone and accepted it.
Last week I accepted a load opportunity and never heard back. It happened that 15 min later I went online and saw that I was on the load.

I have had this happen too a dozen or so times this year and never figured out why it did it. Now, if I don't get a call back in 10 mins I go on line and check.

I also learned, that if you get a run, and you don't have to pick it up for quite a while so you stay at home or where ever you are checked in, most dispatchers will change your status to enroute to pickup, if you are not careful, you could loose out on other load opp's if you fail to get the text messages or pay attention to the C-Link. I usually go outside and C-Link back in as layover so the phone will ring with the loads.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I believe the computer changes you to enroute to pickup. I believe you have an hour to check in or get moving before the system in dispatch starts sending alarms to the dispatcher to check on your truck. That then prompts another message or a call to you to please check in with an option 8.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
option 1 option 6 will get you someone to give you directions when you are lost or cant find the customer
if you need to hear the load opps it just option 6

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe the computer changes you to enroute to pickup. I believe you have an hour to check in or get moving before the system in dispatch starts sending alarms to the dispatcher to check on your truck. That then prompts another message or a call to you to please check in with an option 8.

Good to know! I guess I never let it get that far. All the things you learn in year 1!