Verizon e-mail help.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Verizon has been my internet provider for over 5 years for about the past year I noticed my e-mails being automaticly deleted after around a week or so. It has never done that before and i hate it. I use the my I sign in to the "My verizon" site to get my e-mail.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
No offence but did you talk to tech support at verizon first about this? That would be the normal course of action. Then if you didn't get things straightened out I would expect you to be on here venting about it. Also keep track of your login times as it is possible your account has been hacked and someone else is reading and deleting them. Did you look to see if there were any recent emails in the trash that you don't remember putting there or they are just gone completely?

Last edited:

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would also change my password JIC and do you read your mail through Verizon's own web interface or do you download to a 3rd party mail reader?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you're using gmail and are checking on your phone it's pretty common and not carrier specific.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Verizon has been my internet provider for over 5 years for about the past year I noticed my e-mails being automaticly deleted after around a week or so. It has never done that before and i hate it. I use the my I sign in to the "My verizon" site to get my e-mail.
You don't mention which mail is being deleted old or new,could it be your inbox is full and the system deletes the old to make room for the new. Just a guess.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turtle I've been to that page before and it is no help. I don't get my email from 2nd or third parties like outlook express but use the Verizon site. It happens sometimes once every 2 weeks I will log on to "My Verizon" just to see that ALL e-mails have been deleted regular e-mails, spam, trash, and personal folder read or unread new or old. Verizon does not have A human technical support just that computerised thing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would think that page is a big help, since it tells you exactly what the policies are, especially regarding the deletion of emails. Since your email is being deleted differently than their policies, it's likely that the advice to change your password regularly is good advice.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah I don't know if you have ever tried that but the few times I have tried they kept sending me around in circles Verizon tech support sucks.