Vans

The Duracel

Expert Expediter
Just moved to the midwest area and thinking about gettin' a van and begin working in the expedite business. I notice there are split decisions regarding this size unit. How are vans doing right about now? I checked a local Dodge dealer and a small 2500 sprinter with side windows was $35,287. (Quite expensive)

Tinman

Expert Expediter
TINMAN

Before going much farther, read through the current postings, and then the archives for alot of sprinter information, as well as info on Ford, Dodge, and Chevy vans. There's a wealth of info , if you take time to look.
And good luck to you!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you are a husband/wife team - you may consider a straight truck. You will have much more load opportunities.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif
-----------------------------------------

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I would suggest going back to the Dodge dealer (or to the nearest Freightliner dealer) and asking prices on a van *without* side windows. Two reasons. 1. More expensive to build. Therefore more expensive to buy. 2. Some companies will not accept a van with side windows (For example FedEx CC won't).

I checked with my local Freightshaker dealer and was quoted $32K for the high top 2500 cargo model with cargo package 1.

--
Mike N

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
I have been around Expediting since 1999, as a O/O of a B-unit van, and D-unit Straight Truck,and drove for some one else also. Its a hard Business. For you just starting out I would not spend a lot of money on a Sprinter. Look for a good used unit set up for Expediting, with a sleeper, or better yet. Find a owner needing a Driver.Try it out before you invest your hard earned money. The Sprinter is not all it's made out to be. Look at a E-350 Ford diesel. Good Luck to you. Butch