USHIP.com

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Basically, most of what they have attracted are people shipping personal items. Many didnt like the truth that they got from local delivery companies and put it up for bid. One lady wanted to have a upright piano moved 125 miles. She replied to one bidding company that she only had $150 to spend on moving it. The carrier replied that no moving company would move it from her garage to the house for $150, much less two hours away. So goes the story.

Also, the way in which a bid is awarded is so complicated that it takes way too much time and effort for what little profit you get. Then of course, you must give Uship a percentage.

Lastly, things may have changed as of this date, but I saw where the owner of the site had been arguing with people on this one forum because they had publicized the fact that Uship had no valid brokering authority. Whoops!

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
Just like that other guy said, not worth the time or even the time to look unless you want some entertainment to see the people putting in bids to move a car 4500 miles for 25.00.

My personal favorite is the two sick cats, 1 dog and 3 adults to Denver from Miami for a bid of 35.00...This is where the big bucks are!

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Doh! And here I was willing to do that one for $32.00. Oh well!

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
i've gotten one load thru them but somehow i managed to get the shipper's phone number and we worked out a deal where i moved a 350 chevy motor 200 miles for 150 bucks but the pick up and delivery was on my way. the site advertises itself as a site to ship stuff for cheap so that should tell you something.