US Lottery Green Card!?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The State Department holds a green card lottery every year. People can fill out a pretty thorough application online and then so many are picked from each application that meets the qualifications

rooster21

Seasoned Expediter
The State Department holds a green card lottery every year. People can fill out a pretty thorough application online and then so many are picked from each application that meets the qualifications

I guess for a fully qualified student that is about knowledge of learning would not be a bad deal, but does not have hature in their hearts toward the USA.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally-mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known as "diversity immigrants" (DV immigrants). The Act makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

The first program was DV-1995, and the following 13 countries were ineligible from the start: Canada, China (mainland), Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.

This is how I got into the country

United States lawful permanent residency refers to a person's immigration status: the person is authorized to live and work in the United States of America on a permanent basis.

A United States Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551), formerly Alien Registration Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form I-151), is an identification card attesting to the permanent resident status of an alien in the United States. It is known informally as a green card because it had been green in color from 1946 till 1964, and it has reverted to that color since May 2010. Green card also refers to an immigration process of becoming a permanent resident. The green card serves as proof that its holder, a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), has been officially granted immigration benefits, which include permission to reside and take employment in the USA. The holder must maintain permanent resident status, and can be removed from the United States if certain conditions of this status are not met.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...several pop up screens appear "Green Card for All"!!!

Live and work in the US winning this free lottery Green Card!!

USA Green Card Lottery-Dv Lottery US-greencard step1

:: Green Card For All ::

The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally-mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known as "diversity immigrants" (DV immigrants). The Act makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

The first program was DV-1995, and the following 13 countries were ineligible from the start: Canada, China (mainland), Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.

I will asume you know better than me when it comes to immigrating to the U.S.

However, These links do not have anything to do with the State Dept.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to say something about Canada after recently traveling through, I was impressed. Now, I am hooked on the Tim Horton's coffee!

Plan to take my RV on a vacation during the summertime, where do you recommend that is close to the border...(not to long of a drive). Also, when my son comes in from overseas he wants to visit Canada now that I have.

:)

Gotta love that Timmies...:D

I see you are from Tn? Niagara Falls..Canadian side...we got the better of the two....simply awesome...

If you want to drive a bit further and connect with nature...cross over the Mackinac bridge in N. Mi. to N. Ontario.....beautiful up there and GREAT fishing!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will asume you know better than me when it comes to immigrating to the U.S.

However, These links do not have anything to do with the State Dept.
Did someone ask for the links?
Reading a Gov website would take forever to get the required info..they have a ned to say too much with many words and say so little...;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you want to drive a bit further and connect with nature...cross over the Mackinac bridge in N. Mi. to N. Ontario.....beautiful up there and GREAT fishing!!

Pasties and Tims coffee! Doesn't get any better than that! :D

rooster21

Seasoned Expediter
Gotta love that Timmies...:D

I see you are from Tn? Niagara Falls..Canadian side...we got the better of the two....simply awesome...

Sorry, for some reason I deleted my message but did not mean to driving down the road hitting bumps.

We went to Niagara Falls on the USA side, while looking at the Canada side wondering...now, I can go see from the otherside. ;)

I was shock to actually see trash cans sitting on the side of the road in Canada, down where I live they would not last before night fall!

What was interesting, while parked waiting to get unloaded was the Canada info commericals...it was mainly about health and family values...then again, it might had been the choice of channels.

However, there are a lot of beautiful places and values the USA has to offer.

I was impressed and had to state it as appreciation! :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry, for some reason I deleted my message but did not mean to driving down the road hitting bumps.

We went to Niagara Falls on the USA side, while looking at the Canada side wondering...now, I can go see from the otherside. ;)

I was shock to actually see trash cans sitting on the side of the road in Canada, down where I live they would not last before night fall!

What was interesting, while parked waiting to get unloaded was the Canada info commericals...it was mainly about health and family values...then again, it might had been the choice of channels.

However, there are a lot of beautiful places and values the USA has to offer.

I was impressed and had to state it as appreciation! :)

Keep in mind you and your family will need your US passport or if TN offers the enhanced drivers license...to get back home..