unicell bodies

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
Does any one know what the weight for one of those areocell bodies?
I have been checking on them on the internet. A real slick vehicle.
I want to stay under 10k.
Second question. Are the RV dulleys (e-350's cutaways) under gvw 10k?
I know when my e-350 diesel is on its last leg (a high top with 216k and going strong)
My next one will be a ford w/unicell body.
any info would help

NO NECK

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello,

My brother and his wife recently bought an E450 Ford aerocell from Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA, (800-501-FORD), with a 17' cargo box. They had a 5' sleeper installed with a Generator and now the empty weight is about 10,500 lbs. They had it titled at 14,000 and they can still haul 3500. Panther pays them $1.10/mile. They really love it. If you send your email address I'll email you his cell # and you can talk to them.

No Neck

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>My brother and his wife recently bought an E450 Ford
>aerocell from Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA, (800-501-FORD),
>with a 17' cargo box. They had a 5' sleeper installed with a
>Generator and now the empty weight is about 10,500 lbs. They
>had it titled at 14,000 and they can still haul 3500.
>Panther pays them $1.10/mile. They really love it. If you
>send your email address I'll email you his cell # and you
>can talk to them.
>
Hi NO NECK-

How long overall is the vehicle? Did they use 5' of the 17'? How much freight area? 12' ? We are interested in seeing this vehicle.
Thanks-

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

NO NECK

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hello, Im the one who has the unicell van you wanted to see. I have pictures of it. after the convertion. It has a 12' cargo space and 5' sleeper in a 17'box the over all length is 22' bumper to bumper. yes you can stay under 10,000 gvw but you won't have a sleeper. The chassyfrom ford is 5920lb the unicell body is about 2900lb so your at about 7800lb so that puts you at about 3200lb to haul in the box. Our van is at 14000 gvwr we plan to raise that this month. Its a great truck without the high cost of a strait truck and we're making money. thats a plus!! my e-mail address is [email protected] if you want more info thanks

apollo

Expert Expediter
I would like to see the van too. However, your pictures are not showing up. Possibly a bad link.

Apollo

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I would like to see the van too. However, your pictures are
>not showing up. Possibly a bad link.

Hi,

I can't get them either...we have a place in va beach so this location is near us! We are very interested in this design. As a matter of fact I started a thread a few months back on this very thing. With the prices of trucks like they are, this could prove to be a more inexpensive alternative. We dont' want to give up comfort...we are a tad bit spoiled now. LOL

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
your pictures didn't come through. with the e-450 does panther require you to run a log book? what i have in mind is using the whole 12 foot as living space and still being able to haul cargo. right now my e-350 with high top has 12ft living space and can still haul cargo. i just want to stay under 10k so don't have to mess with log books and restricted driving hours.

apollo

Expert Expediter
How are you using 12 feet and loading cargo too? Wouldn't that leave room for only one pallett?

Apollo

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
bed raises to top. not always going to be loaded. you only live in when youre not driving.only need 52 skids"w to slide skids down center.most skids are 48"h or less bed will lower to top of load.have it all figured out in my head hard to explain in writting.i'm talking using the whole cargo area as living area w/all appliances. i beleive they are 7ft wide.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I tried that one. Won't work in IE or NS either one. Thanks for the url though.

apollo

Expert Expediter
OK cool. I understand what you are doing.

I kind of thought along the same lines, but in a Sprinter. One company will pay C size truck rate to a Sprinter if you can haul 3 pallets. The 158" one will, but only leaves you 24" for a sleeper area. Too small. But I also thought of a sliding bulkhead idea so when I have only 2 pallets or no load I could slide the bulkhead and lock it in place and have a full size sleeper area. It will take some planning, but I think it will work out.

Or I thought the same about the freight in the middle (of course) and maybe a fold down bed on one side, fold down table on the other. Also have to plan out the microwave, fridge area. Cabinets could be mounted high above the 48" freight height.

Apollo

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
just tried it myself couldn't log on maybe its a busy site right now keep trying .sprinters suck, not american,GM or Ford better product i think

NO NECK

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sorry about the pictures no showing up. Id like to talk with you about the truck. Yes panther requires you to log and scale because we are over 10,000 gvw I wouldn't recommend not having a sleeper or at least a wall it gets cold in the box. if i had your email i could talk with you or at least give you my cell number.

shofer55

Active Expediter
hi trying to email you but your email not work,i just order 177inch e350 from ford where you got yours but they do not recall that i ask for that up-fitter for sleeper but they dont know,so if you can email me some pic. you got, like to see that unit

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Yup. Fell for the ole "date of post" dinger.

Can't blame it on lack of sleep....we'll have to come up with something else. :rolleyes:

Old age usually works.....we'll go with that one.

Last edited: