under the hood air compressor

darren90909

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
We have a Hino that we use for different types of business, one is mobile semi truck repair. Does Hino offer an under-the-hood air compressor that bolts onto the engine using another fan belt? Trying to avoid the purchase of a gasoline-powered air compressor which takes up room.

Darren

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have a Hino that we use for different types of business, one is mobile semi truck repair. Does Hino offer an under-the-hood air compressor that bolts onto the engine using another fan belt? Trying to avoid the purchase of a gasoline-powered air compressor which takes up room.

Darren
I take it your Hino has hydraulic brakes? I used to have a Hino that had hydraulic brakes and if I remember right, you could add the compressor to where it would be if the truck had air brakes. Its driven by the timing gears and is by where the pump is for the power steering/brakes. Im sure one of the Hino mechanics will chime in but its probably doable. One thing to remember is that it may not generate enough air for your needs, a gas powered one might be the best way to go.