Ultimate Truckers [in-dash] Radio ?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
As if there aren't enough toys already on the market. Coming soon to a truckstop near you...."Driverless Vans". That will be the day I hope it don't come to that. They've already got a car that will drive for you.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I LOVE it! Reminds me of my youth when I pumped gas for a living. I called myself a "fuel transfer technician". Sounded better than "pump jockey".
So....instead of expeditors they should call us....hmmm....Freight Relocation and Distribution Experts. For short....F.R.A.DE. just a thought....lol:D

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
So....instead of expeditors they should call us....hmmm....Freight Relocation and Distribution Experts. For short....F.R.A.DE. just a thought....lol:D
Another Hi-Jacked thread....Now back to the original subject. The radio is close to the ultimate,but no cigar. Needs Satelite reception. Then for the ultimate,ULTIMATE. One that recieves both Sirius and XM.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I thought XM was in the process of buying Sirius? If that was the case your wish would be granted.
It is a proposed merger. Odds are only 50/50 it will be approved by the FCC. Remember the merger of DISH and DIRECT TV was disallowed. Indications are if approved, both services will continue as they are now.

ThibodeauxBayou

Not a Member
A couple of videos shot at CES in Vegas:

Video: Parrot RK8200 Bluetooth Car Stereo - CNET Reviews

Parrot 's new Bluetooth head unit with iPod - AOL Video

This certainly looks to be the Swiss Army Knife of audio convergence.

For my particcular vehicle, I would be able to connect either wired or wirelessly all these devices I currently use while on the road:

DirecTV
TV [over the air]
IPod
TomTom GPS
Razr Cell-phone
Sirius
Cowon A2 [Video Storage Device]

Using extremly cheap and high capicity SD cards, I can rip 1000's of songs and play them thru the headunit. This would be the ticket for those who don't own an IPod type device.

I'm really looking foward to getting my hands on this thing