U-Ship

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It's been well over 6 months since U-Ship made its début here. I was wondering how many members that post and reply is using U-Ship?

For those who are can you pass along any tips to the rest of us?

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
I've looked over the freight available on U-Ship from time to time, and found there's been nothing listed that I would consider "decent" from a $-per-mile standpoint.

I'll qualify my statement by saying that I look for freight that will get me back to my approximate home area (150 mile radius of Cleveland, OH) once I've made my last drop for my weekly run. My last drop location can vary greatly.

My $.02

Rex

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Yeah. It seems as though most of it is cheap freight that people post when they don't even like the price they got from an LTL carrier. Of course there are also cars, pianos and other fragile freight as well.

My $.02 minus both sides of S.S. and withholding.

;)

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Yeah, I haven't really used it to find a backhaul, but i doubt I will. some of the prices people wanna pay make me wonder if you could make anything after fuel, even if you hauling it wil a 40 mpg car. This truck doesn't run for 50 cents a mile.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I looked at it several times and never found anything paying a high enough rate to be classified as cheap freight so I gave up on it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Ya know. Maybe we all should start bidding expedited freight prices on Uship loads, just for the heck of it. At least it will cause some stir. Just go ahead and figure what it WOULD take for you to do the job and quote it. LOL.

Drive safe! :p

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've looked but never found anything that would be worth my time.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones