Two 1099s

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I have 4 units signed on to a carrier,i want to add one under my new LLC will there be trouble if i have 2 1099s from my carrier? one with my name the other with my LLC.Question 2 If i rent a house/office in a freight lane and i do most of my work outta that office may i use this as my home base or does it have to be were i live,i spend more time at office/house.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
"Two 1099s"
Mar-28-07, 00:16 AM (EDT)
I have 4 units signed on to a carrier,i want to add one under my new LLC will there be trouble if i have 2 1099s from my carrier? one with my name the other with my LLC.

You will have no problem, IF you are a single member LLC, it would be filed as a sole- proprieter and filling in the Name line you would put xxxxxxx.LLC instead of your name or DBA Name
The reason that you would use the standard forms that you have been using is that a Single member LLC is considered a DISREGUARDED ENTITY.
The other way is to file your LLC Return specifing as a "S" Corp. that is up to you. The "S" Corp Return was due on March 15, 2007 As all Corporate Returns. they do not get the luxury of the extra month.

Question 2 If i rent a house/office in a freight lane and i do most of my work outta that office may i use this as my home base or does it have to be were i live,i spend more time at office/house.
pelle

You would still use your existing home, but depending on the distance to and from the new rental, that would determine the final decision as to where your home base would be.
it you rent it would be a percentage of the total area, or if you commute to and from, that is not deductible, but the full rent would be. You would have to be more specific as to the full use of the new office/house.

FRank

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
The home/office would be for paperwork,light trk maintance,bed,shower,a layover spot.I would think i could claim my days in service when i am there,but not at my home base.Thanks for your help.