TVAL Sprinter

D.B.Ryda

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Hello All

New to the site and been poking around quite a bit the last day or so. Cant really find info for exactly what my interest is in so figured id throw my idea out here for feedback. If this is not the correct forum I apologize and maybe you could point me in the right direction. I work cold chain logistics for a major biotech in Massachusetts. I deal a lot with FedEx CC, World Courier, Marken, etc scheduling shipments in and out of our facility. I see the invoices and know that we pay quite bit for the TVAL service alone before the base rate, fuel surcharge, tolls, are even factored in. Makes it tempting to enter this market by way of a sprinter van with a validated reefer. Lots of Pharma out this way looking for sameday shipments to other local companies, labs, third parties, or even the airport. Priced out a couple vans and seams reasonable. Something I could buy out right. Not sure of the operating costs as I don't have the experience. Tried to get an insurance quote but my lack of knowledge was pretty obvious as I stumbled with some of their questions!! They never got back to me haha. Anyway any thoughts on how to approach this type of start up? Is it worth it or will the big boys stomp me out?!! Not looking to quit my day job tomorrow or anything but my coworkers and I have been kicking this idea around for a couple years now.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't help you with T-Val or Sprinters but for insurance there's CIS and there's everyone else. I've never had better customer support in any insurance whether personal or business than I got from them. They specialize in trucking and expediting insurance. Good luck.