TV for the van.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
From what I have read, it will work great as long as your not trying to use an over the air antenna...and I think that will work with at least some of the projectors.

I can see mounting the projector to the ceiling and having a pull down screen above the back doors and surround sound. I'm not gonna spend the money it right now, but would be a heck of a setup.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I have a nice projector that I won't subject to the road, but sometimes I think how I would like to project out the windshield onto a wall or the side of a truck. Steven Spielberg would be proud.

eb

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I use a 22" HD from Walmart. Mounted on a swing out swivel arm. When closed to the wall, sticks out about 3". I use a bunji to keep it there when moving. No problems as of yet. I use the small telescopic antenna from the hauppegauge I had for the laptop. A 1" round magnet from Lowes on the bottom holds it to the outside roof when sitting. The wire is very thin, so closing the side door on it hasn't been a problem. Depending on location, I may get 3 to 50 channels. Great picture, doesn't take away from freight area, takes 2 minutes to set up and no cable bill.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I have a nice projector that I won't subject to the road, but sometimes I think how I would like to project out the windshield onto a wall or the side of a truck. Steven Spielberg would be proud.

eb
I can see it now, eb parked in the truck lot using the side of a trailer as a big screen. You could sell tickets!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just get a loudspeaker like on top of the ice cream truck to go with it.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
For those interested, I purchased an antenna from amazon that is working great in the van. Keep in mind that my van has a fiberglass body on it.

I have this antenna slid between overlapping layers of the headliner. It is actually laying flat on top of the headliner. I am getting great signals with this little antenna. In Taylor, MI, I generally get anywhere from 25-35 channels, some being from as far away as Toledo. I have had 35 channels in Whiteland, IN ... Antioch, TN and now in Shelbyville, IN. Earlier this week I was at the service plaza on 294 near O'Hare airport and i had 55 channels available.

Here is the antenna. I encourage you to read the reviews on Amazon, there is a lot of good information there. I have read reviews that say you can buy it cheaper other places, but this where i got it: Amazon.com: Winegard Company FL-5000 FlatWave HDTV Indoor Digital Flat Antenna - Made in USA: Electronics

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I dont think size matters here, but I , well, u know, Im gonna go out side and look for things. About that tv thingie in your van, if you dont get any complaints, your good.:rolleyes:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thats what we use and have had great results also.
What do you drive? Where do you have yours located?

I'm curious if it works inside a metal body as well as the fiberglass. If it does, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an antenna.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Sprinter. As long as your in a good reception area towards front of van behind drivers seat.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter

eb

I can see it now, eb parked in the truck lot using the side of a trailer as a big screen. You could sell tickets!

I have a nice projector too, that hooks up to my laptop that I project DVD's with. Though I don't take it with for expediting, for camping and general travel I keep it in a photo gear briefcase, filled with cubed foam with the shape of the projector plucked out. Very secure and safe from vibration and jolts. Depending on how many are watching, we either suspend a sheet and stretch it tight or use the side of my van. Great fun to sit around under the stars and watch a movie.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I have a nice projector too, that hooks up to my laptop that I project DVD's with. Though I don't take it with for expediting, for camping and general travel I keep it in a photo gear briefcase, filled with cubed foam with the shape of the projector plucked out. Very secure and safe from vibration and jolts. Depending on how many are watching, we either suspend a sheet and stretch it tight or use the side of my van. Great fun to sit around under the stars and watch a movie.
They seem to be a bit expensive to have out on the road, but a projector would take up less space than a tv and it seems like it would be easy enough to have something to project onto inside the van. I really like the idea, but I'm not gonna throw that kind of cash it...lol.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
siren001.jpg

To go with this.

eb