Turbo Tax.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I just got a letter in the mail notifying me that they are withholding my refund why they review my return. Is this the beginning of an Audit?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If so, they know the differance between manipulate and adjust.
About 20 of us car hauler friends travel many miles to go to a very good firmer IRS agent.

One year she says to a guy "a little heavy on your fuel" ?
He said "oh no, I wouldn't do that ".
She says " over xx% will draw attention".
He says " let me recheck my work, I MAY have made
a mistake".

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I just got a letter in the mail notifying me that they are withholding my refund why they review my return. Is this the beginning of an Audit?

You get to write off the cost of tax preparation, I wonder if you get to write off the lube needed for an audit.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I read that they collect $4 for every $1 they spend on collections.
The upside is if he had a large return planned, after an audit he'll probably have a small return.
There should be no dreaded penalty and interest.
Hopefully, they say " sorry for wasting your time."

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I heard alot of peoplr claiming eic or education credits got letters? Hopefully they are just trying to spread out the refunds..I think the sequestration may have been an issue? Idk but I need that money for a down payment on my new Transit/Promaster

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I wouldnt recomend turbotax to anyone. I just got an email from them, stating they were goung to take 118 dollars out of my bank account by march 29, per agreement made when I filed my taxes. But they are one of the reasons the IRS is reviewing my taxes in the first place. And the IRS says it could take atleast 45 days. I tried calling thier customer service, but was on hold for almost 30 minutes, then talked to an Indian representative ,that I could hardly understand. All I understood was "no worries, everything going to be fine" . ..

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Why are they taking the $118.00 ?

Is that in additional to the $79.99 ?

Has Turbo Tax been bought out by XPO ?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi All, there is a problem with turbo tax if you live in the state of Minnesota, According to the state, there are problem with there returns with in all of the Intuit labeled software, weather it be Turbo Tax, Turbo Tax Online, and there 2 professional versions that were sold under the Lacerte and Pro-Series. Intuit is correcting the problem, but as of this date it has not been corrected. Currently it only pertains to the state of Minnesota, If you need verification go to Minnesota Dept of Revenue web site.Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB

Frank's Tax & Business Service

315 E. King St.

Kings Mountain, NC28086

704-739-4039

E-Mail: [email protected])

Web: www.prep.1040.com/frankstax

Circular 230Disclaimer

Circular230: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advicecontained in our communication (including any attachments) was not intended orwritten to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any taxpenalty or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party anytransaction or matter addressed herein.

Our advice in our communication is limited to the conclusions specifically setforth herein and is based on the completeness and accuracy of the facts andassumptions as stated. Our advice may consider tax authorities that are subjectto change, retroactively and/or prospectively. Such changes could affect thevalidity of our advice. Our advice will not be updated for subsequent changesor modifications to applicable law and regulations, or to the judicial andadministrative interpretations thereof.

Legally privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in ourcommunication; it is intended exclusively for the addressee. Opinions,conclusions and other information expressed in our communication are subject tothe terms and conditions expressed in the governing client engagement letter.If you are not the addressee (or designated representative) indicated in thismessage, you may not disclose, copy, or distribute this message to anyone.Action taken or omitted based on our communication is prohibited and may beunlawful.

Last edited: