trying to get started

beachbum20714

Expert Expediter
hi,first day;meet with o/o on sat 8-26-06.took truck to get inspected,oil change,and some other things.well,no inspecter on duty.got oil changed,truck washed,and fueled up.ok,now the comdata card is not working,o/o trying to get it fixed,on a sat mind you.no luck.o/o tells me i'm better off taking the truck home.well,on monday i take the truck up to balt to get it inspected.pulling into the parking lot,the top bunk falls.no bolts holding it on.all my stuff falls off on floor.well fixed that for now,and then the reifg takes a bump.going good so far,not.after arriving at balt at 8;30am ,i'm now leaving balt at 12 noon.have to find a new reifg.comdata card still not working at this point,but o/o calls me and said its working.call him back (not working yet)o/o calls me at 3;50pm fed ex is going to send you a new one.but he doesn't know if is going to be over nighted to me or not.so,i did not work sat,sun,mon,and its tuesday 2;30pm waiting for a fed ex delivery,maybe it will come today,i don't know.i can't sit for a cpl of days waiting for a comdata card.wife getting very #####.i will be starting out in the alex exprss ctr.i hope things will get better.i don't want to quite before i get started.

Night_Runner36

Seasoned Expediter
have faith Beach there are always a few bumps in the road ......and has for the miss'es Mine gets that way as well mainly when I'm sitting and waiting for the next load has I tell her baby this is the way of fright just has it was when I was haulin concrete there are slow times and there will be times when I wish I could rest for a day or two but the best part is meeting new people and new places and the best part is your getting paid to do it....here is something I have learned the hard way of course but a lesson well learned just the same ...you dont have to buy your fuel in every state ....and when they tell you that the fuel surcharge is oh lets say $211.51 to do the trip for the load then thats what you should but in the tanks ....and keep a copy of all your paper work for the taxes that what I do and keep a running check on the MPG your truck gets oh and the most important say you have a brake down keep an eye on the service techs not saying they will rip you off but just make sure what they are doing after all it is your truck and your livelyhood ....and another thing always stay on duty unless your going home for some R&R....and if you dont already have one get a laptop and down load a trip router on it I use micro soft streets and trips and I love it and it is always within 5 miles of the PC Miler that they dispatch you with and the micro soft program is only 39.00 to 300.00 for some others out there....again good luck and stay safe and stay happy the road is a great place even with the bumps

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

if you got a run they should be able to issue you an express code to write out a paper com-check if you dont have a card yet.

dont get to upset things will work out for ya.the fourth quarter will make you glad you had some time at home.