Trying it in a van.

mariogent

Expert Expediter
I have experience in expediting as an o/o of a C unit and did well. I have sold my truck last March as it reached it's 5 years, and am now thinking of getting back behind the wheel in a van (no logs)maybe with maybe Bolt Express or CTX. I live in the Dallas Tx. area and have a driver to fill in when I'm out of service. I was wondering if anybody has experience with either company good or bad. Both pay by % and both claim to be busy. Should I start now or wait till after the winter slow season to get started. Any feedback is appreciated. M.G.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I don't have any experience with the two companys you mentioned,however the van is limited to how much freight it can handle and that means fewer load offers no matter who you lease with.The van is cheaper to run and you don't log so you will be sitting or deadheading to freight lanes,which you will need to do to get outta Dallas.You mentioned another driver to split time with if he or she is in Dallas you will lose time and money getting back to switch out drivers.I have a friend who ran a d unit and went to a van,he did it for 4 months may-sept and went back to his d unit,he was doing about 1200 miles a week on average just couldn't take the sitting and didn't like deadheading and not getting paid.