Try Hours

cjmitch

Seasoned Expediter
I am thinking about leasing on with try hours next week. Wonder if anyone had any ideas or if any one could tell me about them.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone have any info good or bad that they would share about Try Hours because I was looking at them as well.

Jasper_jpr

Seasoned Expediter
I am thinking about leasing on with try hours next week. Wonder if anyone had any ideas or if any one could tell me about them.

I have wanted to reply since I saw this post but have been having log in issues. Have them partially resolved now so I can give comment.

First they gave us a chance to get into the expedite world when no one else would give us a chance. My co-driver and I both had truck experience with clean driving records (Mine tractor/trailer and straight in the Ag industry, co driver aircraft support vehicles straight truck at large airport) no one would take this experience as acceptable to sign on. Try Hours gave us our chance.

We have been with them for a year now. We now have the minimum experience to be able to move to another carrier, but have no plans of doing so. They (Try Hours) have been very good to us. They pay on time and on par or better than what I have been told that other carriers are paying. There benefits and fee schedule compare to most other carriers also.

As far as the comment "I just signed on a truck from them" from JohnClark, when we have been at the office during orientation days I have seen big company names being peeled off and Hours decals going on. this happens. Not everyone will fit every were. I gave up a 10yr and seniority #1 job in the auto industry to try expediting. At 9yrs there had been enough changes that it was no longer a fit for me. My job was stable and I was in no danger of being let go it was just time to make a change to better fit me. I would not bash my employer for my decision to leave because I did not like the new direction the company felt they had to go to stay in business.

You did not state what type vehicle you were looking to run. I can only speak for a straight. We stay busy, to busy some times recently we ran out of our 70hrs and had to take a reset. There are times that we get stuck but when we do there is usually a few big name carriers stuck with us. There have been times we have pulled into a truck stop and an hour later we pull out with the big names setting there. I call this the nature of the business.

Some may think this is B#$% S%&* and that is there prerogative, but it is our honest feeling on the company. If anyone is thinking to sign on give Mark a call he may not answer (the recruiting office receives allot of calls or it could be a orientation day) but leave a message and he will return your call. He is very personable and will answer any questions and even concerns you may have. Nothing we have been told, have we found to be a smoke screen. if we can be any help give us a shout

Kenn/Lori