Try Hours

MJL89

Expert Expediter
Looking for info on Try Hours there web site looks good but don't they all. any one leased with them tht could tell me more
Matt

driver16yrs

Expert Expediter
drove for 3yrs for them,great people,but no freight,you have to compete with alot of the owners Tims company trucks

prepaid

Expert Expediter
I have been with Try Hours since Oct. of 1998.My brother is on with try hours and my friend has 3 12ft cube vans on with them and we all keep in touch.Since may of 2001 try hours have not slowed down.I think the lowest check was 500.00 and that was two times since may.Try hours has improved in loads and backhauls here in the last year when some of the other companys have slowed up.I am going to put another truck on with them tomorrow.I believe if you want to run and stay running this company is your best bet.I no alot of drivers will not stick up for the company they are leased on to,but I have drove for other companys and nothing beats try hours.I have been out there enough to no that you don't go on with the big 3.Expediting is changing to cheaper rates and some drivers won't put up with it,but you got to go with the flow.This winter everybody thought it was going to slow down like every winter.suprise suprise it did not slow down hardly at all drivers were still averaging 1000.00 to 1200.00 of the drivers I keep in touch with.now there starting to move up for summer average of 1400.00 to 1600.00.I no these averages are correct.this no bull from a recruiter.If you are willing to stay on and be available you will get loads and will get the averages for the summer there higher weeks,but for the most part look forward to the average pay that I qouted.

mouse549

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Does Try Hours, hire out of Chicago? Also, do they have contractors that hire drivers?
If so would they be a good company to start with?
thanx

prepaid

Expert Expediter
Chicago is one of the hottest spots for try hours.one of the customers is catapillar in joilet.You would have to call and talk to bonnie she might be able to find you a truck to drive.I no that they will because you are in a needed area.call 1-800-334-0224 let her no you talked to David Walker and she will try to set you up.