Truckstop foods,,,

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well its been about 13 years since I was expediting now,,,how time flys....and the huge changes in food at truckstops . So from time to time I stop in one and wonder what happened.....no more sit down counter meals,many truckstops are just fast food junk stops.. Nothing there to see in the food selection isle..............there must be some place you all can eat thats decent....idk...................

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
About 12 for me and I haven't been back in one since. It probably wasn't good for me but I got good meals at Petro's and some Flying J's back then. It's a shame if that's all gone.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Ten years off the road here. My wife and I have not been to a truck stop restaurant in that long, except for a fast-food stop here and there. I did not realize sit-down restaurants and counters were a thing of the past. That's a shame. Those counters provided a sense of community and comradery among drivers. It was fun to sit there to talk shop and swap stories.

The loss of sit-down restaurants at truck stops seems to make it that much harder to eat healthy on the road.

Last edited: