Trucker Talk Maryland and PA and NJ Big Snow Big Snow and COLD!!!!!!!!!!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
SNOW SNOW SNOW 7 sto 9 iches of the white stuff by Tuesday evening.
Snow Snow Snow who wouldnt go SNOW SNOW SNOW who wouldnt go.

HMM Deliver and Head South. Money gets thing done.

Attachments

• 547042_433591400037477_1242416100_n.jpg
    547042_433591400037477_1242416100_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 76

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Now that was a humorous pic.

Moved from south VA to almost PA. Hope to escape tomorrow AM before it hits, and will be right on the edge. Escape route, North.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I dont mind driving in snow, Ive done it allot both Flat bedding and in a straight truck, If I have to Ill wait out any rush hour traffic, delay and leave way after that about 10 Pm...if possible, Last year I trekked back and forth across I 80 more times then I wanted to but never had any big issues other then Doors Freezing, keep the fuel tanks full, some food and water in the rig, and drive slow and steady....and make sure you have some windshield washer fluid thats good way below freezing....being from the Midwest I guess snow is no big deal...

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Im at shippensburg pa now about 4 inches already! Question is should I wait till tomorrow are head somewhere will there be any shipping going today are tomorrow is the question? Im thinking get a room wait it out but my waiting is tomorrow and go what to do what to do

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heading to the big apple for an am delivery tomorrow. Should be interesting.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Also thought of going to martinsburg west Virginia any one know cargo van freight tbere

I would hang right where you're at or position closer to Harrisburg and York. Good areas for my carrier but maybe not for yours. Good luck Scott.

Sent from my LGL45C using EO Forums mobile app

akguy907

Rookie Expediter
Picked up near Lexington,KY this morning and hit snow. P/u was on the back roads which didn't get plowed and sat on the road for over an hour while 4 cars got pulled out of a bad corner. Snow was steady with lots of wind up to about Louisville. A fun morning :)

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, then of what use was the rule?"

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
About 8" of snow so far in downtown Baltimore MD. Temps in the morning between 2 and 11 degrees. Windchill about -20. Brrrr Time to go south till the butter melts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Escaped out of VA this morning. Ran about 3 hours in the mess, then clear and sunshine to N Ohio.

Will be out Xiggi way tomorrow. Got to rent a car and go pick up a van on Staten Island. Pleasure trip, no logs, and no time limit. :cool:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sitting here in the midists of it all, I should went south to avoid it. Then Pop back in like the Snoopy would do to the Red Barron. Hence I stayed and hoped for the best now NJ and PA called a state of Energency so its been said. Unless Emergency everyone off the Roads till fruther notice. Oh well had to digg my self out in the parking lot with the P45. Not much else going on except snow snow snow. Cooked some Bean Soup in the crock Pot for supper. Still Snowing but seems to tapered off a bit. still need a load for Wed mabe in the AM Ill get one.
Thats my Rant Double Tap.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I80 was clear all the way across pa tonight.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I'm glad I decided to come home and get a few things done instead of sitting in PA. Maryland when I drove thru still had snow on the roads, add more to it and dang that'll suck

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Let's sneak a little sideshow in here? The ole "what's a topic" gig, but somewhat related?

Looking at Espar and Webasto heaters. Thinking about just putting this in the van, and getting it over with. On the Webasto site right now and they have a dealer in Fenton MI I'm going to call.

Any feedback on these? It's dern cold in these here parts. :(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No real reason just seems there is a reason most go that route.