It's a Team's Life Truck Weigh Station Etiquette : It's a Teams Life

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Who would have guessed? Not minding your speed in a weigh station can get you a ticket.

Weigh Stations are all over the country and we have been through most of them. When traveling down the interstates and back roads our eyes are always watching for signs letting us know that a "Weight Station" is up ahead.

READ MORE...

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
This is a good subject. When at my old company 3 of our drivers were convoy to destination, well the first guy decided to "speed" thru and this resulted in all 3 being pulled in. for inspection. out of all 3 drivers. 2 were oos for incomplete logs.
The word was that the officer said he would not have pulled them in if the first driver did not try to speed thru. and so figured that same company means same type of people.
The weird part was that they were all at the same hotel, the night before. but 2 did not log out from previous day and did not keep receipt.

"We place our driver’s license, medical card, and permit book on the counter. ""
sometime by doing this with the log book thye will letyou go, figuring that you have nothing to hide.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I'm pulled around, they always seem impressed with how quickly I'm in the building with everything they need. It sets a good tone for the inspection. It's funny how I just don't seem to have to deal with the kind of DOT officers that so many at the truckstop counters and on the CB talk about.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well my next blog is on funny stories that have happened to me while at a scale. Bob usually just shakes his head and goes back to sleep...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I never sped and always made a point to keep a good distance back from the truck in front of me too.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Anyone in here have to walk the loooong tunnels in VA to the opposite side of the road where the scale officers are? All I can say is bring EVERYTHING with you, as you wouldn't want to make that trip twice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone in here have to walk the loooong tunnels in VA to the opposite side of the road where the scale officers are? All I can say is bring EVERYTHING with you, as you wouldn't want to make that trip twice.

Send the wife......LOL

zorry

Veteran Expediter

I thought they have a scanner that allows you to transmit docs over.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The scales that have the tunnels to the other side give me the heebie-jeebies and I always give a sigh of relief when I get the green light... One of these days though I know I am going to have to make that long walk through that tunnel.