truck value

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
With the market flooded with repo's and sales way down, you won't get much for a used rig. Are you trying to trade it in for another rig or are you trading to a straight truck? What year is it? It might be worth stretching it to put a box on it or find a carrier who will hire you to pull a 26' pup. Not sure what you trying to do though.
Randy
>Where can I get an honest resale value for my class 8
>tractor:)
:)

skooch

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just want to find out what it is worth in the resale market. Is there a book or and internet sorce for truck values??

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Not that I am aware of. When I sold mine, I checked different places to see what one like mine was going for. This will give you some sort of guide. Trade in always suck. Your better off trying to sell it yourself to someone looking for a rig. Good luck.
Randy

>I just want to find out what it is worth in the resale
>market. Is there a book or and internet sorce for truck
>values??
:)

Lostmarbles

Expert Expediter
Looks like your gonna have to look at: www.trucktraders.com look up ones that compair to yours in age and equipment. While your there take note of how many THOUSANDS of trucks are for sell. Note how many REAL CLEAN trucks are there and in GREAT shape. And then be realistic when judgeing the condition of your rig.You should have already known anyway. Its your largest business asset aint it? If you live near the Mexican border then the parts are worth more than the sum.
With most O/O tradeing in their tractors at two years with 500,000 miles. I think we can expect to pay only 45% of new so figure wholesale is 25 or 30 % of new at two or three years old. Something like that. I have trucks to sell too and I hate to think what I'm gonna get for them. Fixing older trucks used to be a great tax deduction. I dont think that applies now.

Life is what happens to you while your busy makeing other plans.

G

Tell me some details about your truck and I will give you the current trade in value and retail value. I can tell you the prices have come up in the last 3 months.

Dan Tilley
Freightliner of Knoxville

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Everyone seems to ignore your question. NADA publishes average wholesale,retail and loan values bi-monthly. call dan shultz@ 330-603-1127 for the BOOK value.