1. Expedite Expo The Expedite Expo 2017 is coming this July 14 - 15 to Lexington, Kentucky exclusively for those in the expedite trucking industry. The ONLY exclusively expediting trade show has a new format and will be more focused than ever before. New exhibits, trucks, demonstrations, networking sessions, educational workshops and the Expediter of the Year event will ensure that your time spent will make you a better driver. Don’t miss this once a year event! July 14 - 15, 2017 at the Lexington Center. REGISTER NOW!
    Dismiss Notice

Truck insurance in CA

Discussion in 'Business Tips and Taxes' started by dbdorr, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dbdorr
    Angry

dbdorr New Recruit Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A year ago, I got out of the game of car hauling. I suspended my operating authority and cancelled my commercial insurance. Currently I am getting into expediting starting with a 2004 Chevy G3500 extended. The van is just about outfitted and ready to hit the road, but when I called Progressive today to get a new policy, they tell me that they cannot give me the unlimited mile radius that I had with my truck and trailer. The best they could do is give me 500 miles. That would get me 1/2 way through Nevada, or barely into Oregon, or barely into Arizona. That's not gonna cut it. Anybody else run into this issue?? And anybody else running a cargo van in CA that knows of an insurance company that can give me an unlimited radius?

2. Tobster317
    Confused

Tobster317 Active Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    Carrier:
    PTL
    Vehicle:
    Str8 Truck
  3. Treadmill
    Caffeine Fix

Treadmill Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +2,036 / 3 / -0
    Carrier:
    Load One
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sprinter
    I would give Mailer a PM and ask him what company he uses. He lives I think in the SoCal area. He should be able to give you some suggestions.

• Like Like x 2