Truck Ins.?

Wannabe

Expert Expediter
Can ANYONE out there give me a ball park figure as to how much truck Ins. will cost for a 2003 D unit, per month. Any other Ins. info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Have a good one, and thanks! :)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i quess the first question to as are you going to haul hazmat
have your own auth
drive for a company

if you drive for a company askif they have ins that you may get
as it will sometimes be cheater
with egl 104.00 a week for bodtail and 4 a week for cargo ins
if you are getting your own auth with out haxmat it's around 3,000 or more a year
hazmat is 9,000, to start
also would depend on the ins company you went with
if you look back a few post or more there is a place in ohio
area, and ooida has ins if you are a member
also depend whaat and where you haul to
hope this helps a bit

witchita

Expert Expediter
Best bet where this is concerned is to join ooida. They will quote you all you need over the phone and VERY good rates (at least what I think) with monthly installments and no credit hassles. If you are running for a company,they will provide cargo ins.almost all do. You need phyis.dam.,unladen liability and occ.accident. A "D" unit will run you around $225.00 a week for the whole package (this incl.haz-mat AND family medical-real PPO ins.coverage!not just major med.,with a $500. annual deductable!)Phone# is 1-800)715-9369. Good luck

Keep it between the lines and take care of each other.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gsorge if you are now paying $104 a week it sounds like you were better off with FECC.I pay $233 PER MONTH.

witchita

Expert Expediter
Found my quote for a KW 2001 T-300, physical damage($1653.60 per yr.)includes 5% haz-mat loads,Unladen liability $1056.96 per yr. BOTH for $232.70 per mo. $1000.00 deductable
Occupational accident (w/c) $118 per mo. for $500,000 coverage and $141.00 for $2,000,000 coverage.
You will need all three and as stated earlier almost all companies you lease to will provide the cargo ins.If you run under your own auth. You will need to provide it, and it is EXPENSIVE for 1,000,000 worth of coverage. Sounds like you'll be leasing to a co. any way so... hope this helps and by the way the family medical(ppo) ins. was $504.15 per mo. with a $500 deductable. Some cheaper with higher deductables.

Keep it between the lines and take care of each other.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
but i'm home every night and , hauling hazmat, also area i'm in is
high area, running in town so there is more risk of meeting someone
, also carring more ins coverage to , because of military base that we go on
just a trade off i guest