truck help

troubled1

Seasoned Expediter
Hello, I'm new here,never posted before but I really need somebody's help,that knows more than I do. I have 2 1999 freight.and an 01.all are getting lots of miles so in July I bought an 05 m2 business class. So I wouldn't have to spend money on break downs. I bought it from an individual, it had 197,000.mi.had an oil analyse,ran everything looked good.had the oil changed every 10,000 mi. well,in Dec. it has a warped head so had to put new head and gaskets on it. Two days ago,my driver was pulling away from the dock and the clutch went to the floor. the throwout had come apart in the trans.it was not at a freight. dealership but the company it was at called freight.and they said it had a service bulletin. on it. which he said was basicly like a recall I don't know. anyway i called freight.they want do anything about it. my problem is this truck that i'm trying to make. $2,000 a month payments on is dollaring me to death.lots more than the old ones. Is there anything I can do to make freight. help me? any advice would be appreicated i'm just disgusted!!! and broke!!!! thanks. troubled1

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
I would call Freightliner directly or call any FL dealer. For an '05 with a manual tranny with 195k on it, the tranny is probably still under warranty. Any FL dealer will be able to give you component warranty info when giving them the VIN number of the truck, most of those midrange trannies are covered out to 250k.
Mudflap