It's a Team's Life Trick to buying fuel cheap : It's a Teams Life

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
International Fuel Tax Agreement

This topic confuses many and even if you get into a conversation you will begin to wonder if you get it...

Questions came up after my blog entitled “The cheapest fuel is not always the least expensive fuel”. In order to ensure the most advantageous fuel and tax cost, you have to consider the IFTA and how this affects the net price of fuel purchased for a commercial motor vehicle.

The IFTA definition of a commercial motor vehicle is any power unit that transports people or property and has a registered GVW of 26,001 pounds or greater; or, has three or more axles.

What is IFTA?

READ MORE...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a good beginning primer. It's important to know about IFTA. There can be significant differences from one state to another in IFTA tax rates. That can make a significant difference in the bottom line. I wrote this almost 9 years ago. I updated it but I see now I missed a couple of spots so the numbers don't match and I can't edit it now. You can still see the difference buying in one state or another makes to the bottom line though. So, for what it's worth, here's how buying the higher price fuel can sometimes put more money into the bottom line.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...4465-diesel-price-versus-cost-whose-20-a.html