TRACTOR TRAILER EXPEDITER

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HI BEEN DRIVING FOR A LOCAL COMPANY FOR 2 YEARS. USED TO DRIVE A 22 BOX FOR CON WAY NOW AND LAND STAR , AM THINKING OF GETTING BACK INTO IT AGAIN . THIS TIME WITH A TRACTOR TRAILER CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE RUNNING T/T LET ME KNOW HOW THERE DOING :)

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
big B there was a article on EO just yesterday that fedex c.c. is looking to add tractor trailers ,you might want to check them out. i drive a D unit with them, but have noticed that the big trucks always seem to keep busy. DD

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Big B-We drive for Conway...D unit however, tractor's get $1.05 all miles and as far as I know, they don't have to pay trailer rental.-They also seem to run well-mcbride

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Most of the erxpediting companies want and need T/T units, I know that FDX CC,Express One,Tri State all are advertising for E Units. However if you are planning to run as a single drive I suggest you read all of the threads on this forum regarding the new HOS Regs coming in January.

TheGoodGuy

Expert Expediter
>HI BEEN DRIVING FOR A LOCAL COMPANY FOR 2 YEARS. USED TO
>DRIVE A 22 BOX FOR CON WAY NOW AND LAND STAR , AM THINKING
>OF GETTING BACK INTO IT AGAIN . THIS TIME WITH A TRACTOR
>TRAILER CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE RUNNING T/T LET ME KNOW HOW
>THERE DOING :)

Hey BigB:

I know this thread is a little old, heck you may have already signed on already. But I'm on with Conway-now in a D unit. I think Conway has put on quite a few T/T's lately. Well anyway, a couple of weeks ago I took a transfer from one of our T/T's in KC, and he stated that "this was going to be his last load for the company". He had been with us for about 2 months, and said "that there were 4 other T/T units that he knew of that was quitting that day". Of course this is all hearsay from one driver. His main complaint was that he sat too much.
Being a former company team driver with a major carrier, I was generally wishing that we had a little more time to sit. But a lot of these solo T/T drivers coming on board are not used to the expediting routine, and they depart a company rather quickly.
I think if you have a previous knowledge of the business you should be able to do very well, whether it be Conway or any one of the other major expediters.
We did rec a msg over the qualcomm a couple of weeks ago that Conway was not hiring any units(all types) for the time being until further notice. I am not sure if they have rescinded that yet(we've been off for two weeks).
Good Luck in your endeavors...The GoodGuy :)

witchita

Expert Expediter
BIG rigs rule but with the new HOS the only way to make decent $$ is runnin team.(truck load or expediting). I left and went to an LTL carrier and aveage 3050 miles a week and make fine $$ 5.days out and 2 off every week(by the house arnd 3 times a week). Works for me and HOS are no problem...

Keep it between the lines and take care of each other.