tractor locks

REDWOOD

Active Expediter
I have been screwed twice by tractor locks. The first one was when i took myself off a load because pickup was changed to the next day. I picked up another load and after that load I sat two days till I figured out I was locked out. Called coordinator to find out who put it on and why. She wouldn't tell me. I suspect it was the dispatcher whoose load I backed out of. The second time, I did a favor for a dispatcher with a late night short load. She put a "customer intamacy" lock on my truck. It cost me a day sitting. I knew who did it. She would not respond to me, or answer her phone to me. I was so mad I took myself out of service the rest of the week. I called my cc. She told me there is no policy for tractor locks and they can be placed at a dispatcher discretion WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU! The other thing they will do is show you on the board without enough hours. I am on paper logs, so this can be done to me. The reason I know this is because i called my cc when I wasn't getting called, and she told me it was because I was showing on the board as on my ten hours.

Some thing to be aware of. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR STATUS
redwood transport

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yes, this has been discussed many times, here and at Green. We need to have a rule that if you are locked into a customer, or any other lock, you need to be notified, and have the option to get it removed.

I ALWAYS check my status multiple times during the day, just to make sure something goofy hasn't happened like that. A few times I've found myself locked, and called in, and sure enough, someone locked me for a customer that was on the phone, but customer cancelled.. agent never removed lock.

Dale

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We check our status a minimum of every 3 hours. Locks sometimes help. Stops us from having to turn down tons and tons of crummy loads that only pay $.85 a mile. When a lock becomes a problem we have them take it off.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Yes, this has been discussed many times, here and at Green. We need to have a rule that if you are locked into a customer, or any other lock, you need to be notified, and have the option to get it removed.

I ALWAYS check my status multiple times during the day, just to make sure something goofy hasn't happened like that. A few times I've found myself locked, and called in, and sure enough, someone locked me for a customer that was on the phone, but customer cancelled.. agent never removed lock.

Dale

AND GOES HOME!!! Happened to us just the other day. :rolleyes:

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you so much for bringing up the tractor locks. We have been on the road for 6 months and were unaware of them. I don't know if we have been locked out before, but we turned down a couple of loads that we normally would have taken today (have not been home in 3 months and need to check the mail). Then the offers stopped. We are the only team in the area and it was kinda weird that the calls stopped. I read the post on here and then checked our status. We had a tractor lock placed on us. I called dispatch and was told that it did not matter, that we would still get offers. She said that she removed the lock for us. I normally do not listen all the way through the status check on the phone. Guess I better start. Thanks again for the heads up. The longer we run the less we know.

REDWOOD

Active Expediter
when you are locked, you do not get load opps. That is the purpose of the lock. Unfortunately, the agents use it as a tool for reprisal or completely forget about it and leave it on. I have talked to some agents and alot of them will not use it unless they tell you. Theese agents care about their relationships with contractors. Unfortunately alot of them don't care, and there is alot of turnover

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
when you are locked, you do not get load opps. That is the purpose of the lock. Unfortunately, the agents use it as a tool for reprisal or completely forget about it and leave it on. I have talked to some agents and alot of them will not use it unless they tell you. Theese agents care about their relationships with contractors. Unfortunately alot of them don't care, and there is alot of turnover

We have received many loads while "locked". I have not ever heard of an agent using them as punishment.