Canada Tractor length in canada

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know if there are wheelbase restrictions going into canada. I have a 2009 coronado with a 53 ft wabash trailer. Cant find anything on wheelbase limits. Thanks

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
53 ft trailer,max wheelbase on tractor is 244 inches.your in a coronado,if its decked out ;like mine,its to long,
fine is a lot more than you can afford,don't get cought if you have a long wheel base.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You will not find any wheelbase regulations for Canada since there is no national standard. Each province regulates the trucking industry separately.
The "de-facto" standard is 244" for a 53 foot trailer as Nightcreacher said.
To be legal in Ontario and Quebec your truck must be equipped with a speed limiter set to 105 KPH (Kilometers Per Hour).
To enter Canada the drivers must have no criminal records no matter how old.

Trust this helps.

Does anyone know if there are wheelbase restrictions going into canada. I have a 2009 coronado with a 53 ft wabash trailer. Cant find anything on wheelbase limits. Thanks

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I figured that you would be 265,thats the average Coronado wheel base,mines just 260,I have 140 gallon fuel tanks instead of the 150's.The only place in Canada you can get away with that wheel base is Alberta,they don't have regulation there,but dont even try to get to British Columbia from there,You will get cought