Tractor Lease

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
I have been thinking about doing a tractor lease from Ryder, Penske, or Paclease. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one of these companies and how it worked out for you. I talked with Ryder and Penske briefly and they told me with the mileage I would be doing I would need to keep the lease at least 3 years. I have not spoke with anyone from Paclease as of yet.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I can't speak to the costs involved, but I did drive a vehicle under a penske lease. Penske set up the vehicles to the specs of the company I worked for. The service centers I dealt with across the country were very good about supporting a vehicle not based out of their yard. Any problems we did have seemed to come from my company's ability (or inability) to communicate workorders with the service managers. When I dealt directly with the service department or mechanics the service was on the mark. And since I was the only driver in the small fleet who did vehicle inspections, I usually had lots to write up.

eb

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I do
Although my current truck has been a nightmare in the past. I like Penske's service and people
I will be out of this truck sometime this year due to reaching their mileage limit.
Will I lease again from Penske? Most likely, but I will shop around for better bargaining power.
I also like the fact that Penske has shops in most major cities and states.
My lease is a full service lease, everything is covered except for fuel