Toll fees

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, I saw that too and it's crazy but $182 for a bridge?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was $38 for a 2 axle ST to cross GWB or Tappan zee bridge , last time I was there. About 2 weeks ago.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unless carriers are getting reimbursed from the shipper or the customer these carriers that pay for tolls will soon have to reevaluate the pay formula. they just cannot pay that much out of their profit margins .

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, I saw that too and it's crazy but $182 for a bridge?
Those toll rates are for semi's ... $ 180.00 covers the entire distance on the PA TPKE. 49 Bones on the Tappan Zee is a bargain compared to the GW

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a big issue for me at any rate-- I think I've been to NYC maybe 3 times since I started this gig.
Here, my issue is that Garmin seems to be in love with the Skyway. A more expensive toll-road does not exist in the Chicago area, and I avoid it whenever possible. (I wonder if the GPS unit has a girlfriend on the South Side that it's not telling me about?)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
when i first moved down here and did the 294 to go west I said to JuJu my God Capone lives!! He came back as a toll booth!! lol

now the Quaker State is picking our pockets and turning us upside down for the loose change!!!

the hillbillies/rednecks of WV a few years ago popped us for almost a 3 times rate hike! on the only interstate they have....

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a big issue for me at any rate-- I think I've been to NYC maybe 3 times since I started this gig.
Here, my issue is that Garmin seems to be in love with the Skyway. A more expensive toll-road does not exist in the Chicago area, and I avoid it whenever possible. (I wonder if the GPS unit has a girlfriend on the South Side that it's not telling me about?)
That's interesting .... My Rand McNally will invariably push me towards the highest toll routing as well. Me thinks it's a conspiracy

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
This was caused by Washington. THey insisted on smaller more economical cars. This also made the fuel speculaters to raise the price of fuel, for profit. It also took away money from the states for infrastucture that the state fuel tax is to support. Meaning the states and than consumer get stuck with the bill. Again it hurts everyone not just the industry.