To Our Veterans!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Robert Baer "Sleeping With the Enemy", is a mainstream CIA history of the middle east, which covers from the end of ww1 to 9\11,

For the story of the overhtrow of iran see Kermit Roosevelts book, the story from the guy who did it. I can't remeber the books name, bujt if you google kermit roosevelt, it will come up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
1. Prior to the US overthrow of the Iranian parliment, their was no Islamic terroism. So had the US remained nuetral in the middle east there would be NO al queda.
Not hardly - Islamic terrorism goes way back, and can be traced to the beliefs of the fundamentalists refusal evolve with the modern world - even if it means attacking other Muslims who believe in progress and modernity. Al Quaeda was formed by OBL as a result of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He was kicked out of his native Saudi Arabia because of his radical beliefs and activities.
Islamic terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/27/opinion/27iht-edpabst.html
2. Why should we care if Saddam Hueisien, got his countries oil back? (Yes Quwait used to part of Irauq, it was separated out by the Brits, to cut the Iraqis out of their oil dividends)
Where do you get this stuff? The border was established in 1923, long before oil was discovered in Kuwait in 1938. Besides, in 1941 Britain controlled both Iraq and Kuwait, and there was no such thing as "oil dividends". Allowing Iraq to invade Kuwait would have resulted in all kinds of disruption in the oil markets, to say nothing of peace in the middle east among other Arab countries. That's an absurd statement, and it sounds like it comes straight from the crackpots on the Lew Rockwell website.
This is part of the problem with dscussing policy issues, Americans are totally ignorant, of their own history and of world history to boot.
No kidding! It's an exercise in futility.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
U know, that was a long series of data. It started out honoring our veterans, then slaming our veterans, then slaming our citizens as enemies of the constitution. Hmm, so my grandmother was an enemy of the constitution, my aunts, baby sister, and mom and dad. I dont think so,,,and that brings up another question. I do not see the ladies in here giving their take on all this, do you? In fact there are only 3 or 4 people in here talking or writing. Well aint freedom great, you can speak or not speak and no one wants to see your papers, IMHO

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
If the Iranians overthrew the US government, installed a brutal dictatorial regime you'd be a terrorist too and so would I.

Before you agree with your countries imperialist foreign policy, ask yourself, what would I do if I was a native of that country.

Incidentally I've actually been to Kuwait.

Sky raider ,
If your grandparents voted for Roosevelt, then they were either dupes or commies.
If you support Medicare, social security, and the graduated income tax, then you're a commie too, or a useful idiot.

From each according to his ability, to each according to their needs.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If the Iranians overthrew the US government, installed a brutal dictatorial regime you'd be a terrorist too and so would I.

Before you agree with your countries imperialist foreign policy, ask yourself, what would I do if I was a native of that country.

Sky raider ,
If your grandparents voted for Roosevelt, then they were either dupes or commies.
If you support Medicare, social security, and the graduated income tax, then you're a commie too, or a useful idiot.

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,u need a cold beer there ET,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I love this job................ I think my granddad ran guns for the Egyptians in 1916 , and grandma, made cookies and pies for him to take, last I can re co lect..............

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Well Pilgrim, I think at this point it is safe to say, you're an "imperialist", and I am not.

As an imperialistic world view was largely unheard of in the US, prior to TR, which means my view is "classical" American and yours isn't.

The implications of the 2 views are this, if the US continues to be imperialistic then eventually more of our children will bleed to death in a foreign country serving those ends. However, if we embrace a neutral foriegn policy as envisioned by our founders, no Americans bleed to death in foriegn countries.

Pretty straight forward.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter

Sky raider ,

Or maybe they were neither and chose the lesser of two evils?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Now u know if we keep up this back and forth, Mr. L will come in here like a bat out of Utah and poof, we be high in dry in lock out land. I love this job.