Tire Pressure, a Laymans Guide

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An important thing to remember is a tire with a pressure at 50% of the max pressure stamped on the sidewall is considered a flat tire by DOT regs.

Bob Wolf.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
An important thing to remember is a tire with a pressure at 50% of the max pressure stamped on the sidewall is considered a flat tire by DOT regs.

Bob Wolf.

...and DOT will check! I had mine checked at an Indiana scale. They have a chart they use to calculate what the cold pressure would be when checking a tire which has obviously been running.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
In over 30 years of being the subject of a dot inspection I have never had them check the tires or wash my windshield

tknight

Veteran Expediter
An speaking of dot inspection what was going on in pa.today they had trucks pulled at rest areas and turnpike entrance/exit which is where I got inspected 476 a little off of 80 standing in the road with his flashlight pulling over trucks ,on a good note he ha a pesky Penske yellow sudo 10 on the side getting a good going over
I was done in less than 15min ,no sticker though!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As Bob Dylan sang The Times They Are A Changing.

Once had a driver tell me he got waved around back because of a dirty windshield.
Officer said if you aren't taking time to wash the windows you're probably skipping other things too.