tickets

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I have a friend who says he wants to get in the expedite industry, but he has a ticket for 14 over plus a ticket for carless driving on his mvr. All this happened a year ago and he says he hasn't had any more tickets since then. I think he said he had 6 points on his mvr. Will any company hire him or is going to have to wait the 3 years until those points drop off?

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Unfortunately, most companies have to follow the insurance guidelines set up for them. As we all know now, those companies somewhat dictate to us what we can lease on and what we can't. With a careless op on his mvr, most likely he will have to wait the 3 yr time period. With a 14 mph over the speed, that isn't too bad. The excessive speed is 15 over and that too will kick him out for the 3 year period. He can still check around, because I am pretty sure, that there are some smaller or newer companies that will be willing to take the risk and get the equipment lease to them.

Good Luck,

ABC

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
The 14 over is much better that 15+ over. And careless driving in definitely not reckless driving. Click on my profile and have your friend give me a call. The only way to really tell whats there is to pull the MVR and have a look at it. Jeff