This is it? Expediting World Tour

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I launched the "This is it?" 31 day expediting World Tour a day early ;)

Pretty much it was to be a last ditch effort to convince me not to leave expediting after +8 years, despite how crappy things have been with no financial numbers to justify continuing, before pursuing something else.

DAY 1 finds me +600 miles from home in Perryville, Missouri...Wondering what the hell am I'm doing here and how to get get back to civilization. I haven't seen this many corn fields in long time lol.

The tour took a unexpected turn today and may be cut short, or at least the pendulum has severely swung in One Direction.

There was really only one thing that would have put on the brakes, and that happened today, as I got the ok to proceed with my #1 company choice.

As I gave a little teaser before, now things are moving forward to make this a reality.

I don't forsee any major obstacles at this point, so it looks like I may actually be putting on a different hat :happydance:

14332140_f496.jpg

IMG_5061.JPG

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahh, wouldn't it be more prudent to be displaying another companies hat when you've already made a move?
From what I understand, there's probably still a long line to jump into your current seat.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1st week of the tour was a unexpectedly good to great week, so edge temporarily goes to staying ;)
But of course, this week is sucking eggs to negate the 1st weeks gains to balance both weeks out to be just...ok :rolleyes:

Nothing new, same old thing, 1 step forward 2 steps back, year after year... blah blah blah :p

I should just call it what it really is. A farewell tour :smiley_driving:

Side note: unnamed company number two is making a strong push for my services.
It's nice to be wanted...well, unless your face is on a poster :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the tour is over...

After getting the final green light from company #1, scheduling for orientation began.
I received some "bad news" this morning that the hiring area was changed, and currently there is nothing available in my area. Glad I didn't remove the van decals last night ;)

This was bitter sweet news, as I woke up this morning with cold feet over making the change anyways.
So I could wait for something to open again, go with #2, or do nothing.

Pretty sure, I'm going to choose to do nothing at this point...maybe :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan