things that make ya go hmmm.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
At least a couple of times a week I check out the classified ads here on EO,looking at the trucks that the various dealers are trying to sell.

I am not actively looking for a different truck,just like looking to see what kind of prices certain trucks are being listed at.

There really are some great deals on trucks out there now,with most of these dealer lots becoming full to overflowing with inventory.

One thing has got me confused tho',Leo's old truck that beautiful red 2006 KW has continued to sit on Freightliner of Knoxville's lot for many months. I can't keep from glancing over at it every time we roll through there.

Now I know that there aren't alot of people that have the means to buy a $90,000 truck in this economy,but that truck is a steal at that price and with only 152,000 miles on the clock it isn't even hardly broken in.

I can only attribute it to that 18 speed tranny that has people shying away from it,as I think if it had an automatic in it it would have been long gone.

The funny thing is that another truck 3 ads above the KW is listed for the nearly the same price ('07 M2106 FL ) that has no APU and no liftgate and no tandem axle or even alumminum wheels.So it really is kind of baffling and no, I am not a salesman for Freightliner of Knoxville,It's just one of those things that make ya go hmmm.:confused::confused:

Last edited:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drive it like a 9 or a 13! No need for folks to shy away from a good truck cause it has an 18!