The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A “political athlete “. Yes, that is an apt description of Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
What? No DJT stock update today?
Wonder why.
No update today because I take no pleasure in seeing this stock rise. Its sharp decline makes my point about this stock being a scam. Since there was no decline today, there was no update. But since you mentioned it, here's my update.

DJT closed up 15.59% today, printing one of its few up days it had since it started trading in its present form 16 trading days ago. This uptick leaves the stock down 62% through the 16 trading days. This is the fourth day in 16 in which the stock had an up day. The three previous times were "pause days." Pause days are commonly seen on charts of plunging stocks. Today was another such pause day. The pause days are shown in green on this candlestick chart. Yesterday's session is the green candle on the bottom right.

No one knows what will happen over the next few days with this stock. I'm expecting it to trade sideways (range) for a while as the stock consolidates, and as it's price is artificially held up by those insiders who have a massive incentive to keep the price above $17.50. It closed yesterday at $26.40.

1713434401461.png

Attachments

• 1713431062227.png
    1713431062227.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The stock rose significantly the day after the official announcement of the streaming service.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Over 200 million in capital. Won’t be cancelled by Big Tech. Solid foundation now. Even if some decide not to buy stock in DJT, the streaming service will be a lucrative business as many would be willing to pay a streaming service fee. Large growth ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The stock rose significantly the day after the official announcement of the streaming service.
That may be true. Stocks often respond to news in this fashion, though such responses usually happen the day of the news, not the day after. You said above Nunes broke this news some time ago. On what date did he do that? The official company announcement was made on April 16.

Regarding the effect of news, on the day (Apr. 1) TMTG CEO Devin Nunes claimed TMTG has $200 million "in the bank," DJT stock plunged 21.47%. While stocks often respond to positive news, other factors can apply and outweigh the spin company execs try to put on things. Clearly, investors are not impressed by this $200 million claim.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You said above Nunes broke this news some time ago. On what date did he do that? The official company announcement was made on April 16.

200 million of capital. Future is looking bright for Truth Social.
Broadening their horizons too. Important that they’re working on an additional niche market.
As far back as April 9th from a previous post.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
200 million isn’t a “spin”, it’s a fact.
I'm not so sure about that. I looked at the report itself. While there is certainly a large amount of money in the company, it is not free cash. It seems to be encumbered or pledged in some way. I don't know exactly how because I have not dug deeper into it. I have not done that because I don't want to put in the time. Clearly the markets are unimpressed with Nunen's claim. And clearly, this claimed $200 is not cash in the bank that the company is free to spend. So, yes, the money is there, and yes it's spin.

And even if this money was free cash available for the money to spend. They'd burn through it because the company is losing money hand over fist. Also, if that money was truly available, Trump and his insider cronies (who control the board) would likely figure out a way to move that money out of the company and into their pockets. Trump is not the kind of guy to leave cash sitting around that could be in his pocket instead.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On Apr. 9, the stock moved up less than 1%. Not exactly big news for the market.
So what? It wasn’t an official release with more details than it was a couple days ago. And more info to come in the future.
Be patient. Investing 101

Last edited:
  • Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not so sure about that. I looked at the report itself. While there is certainly a large amount of money in the company, it is not free cash. It seems to be encumbered or pledged in some way. I don't know exactly how because I have not dug deeper into it. I have not done that because I don't want to put in the time. Clearly the markets are unimpressed with Nunen's claim. And clearly, this claimed $200 is not cash in the bank that the company is free to spend. So, yes, the money is there, and yes it's spin.

And even if this money was free cash available for the money to spend. They'd burn through it because the company is losing money hand over fist. Also, if that money was truly available, Trump and his insider cronies (who control the board) would likely figure out a way to move that money out of the company and into their pockets. Trump is not the kind of guy to leave cash sitting around that could be in his pocket instead.
The burn rate for Truth Social is low. They had to spend from 50 to 60 million in order to cut through all the roadblocks and red tape that the SEC put in front of them. Now they are clear of that and can’t be cancelled by Big Tech. They have a solid foundation now and even talking about making acquisitions. Per CEO Nunez.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The burn rate for Truth Social is low. They had to spend from 50 to 60 million in order to cut through all the roadblocks and red tape that the SEC put in front of them. Now they are clear of that and can’t be cancelled by Big Tech. They have a solid foundation now and even talking about making acquisitions. Per CEO Nunez.
Keep the faith!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Twelve Jurors Picked

Jury selection in Trump's criminal trial will not be complete until 12 jurors and 6 alternates are agreed upon by the parties. But the 12 jurors have been picked so we have a sense of this body.

In a word, most of them are highly educated. The parties that agreed on these jurors (Trump & Bragg) formed a fairly sophisticated group.
  • Juror 1: Works in sales. Has some college education.
  • Juror 2: Investment banker who has a Master's degree.
  • Juror 3: Corporate lawyer.
  • Juror 4: Security engineer with high school diploma.
  • Juror 5: English teacher with master's degree.
  • Juror 6: Software engineer who recently graduated from college.
  • Juror 7: Civil litigator.
  • Juror 8: Retired wealth manager.
  • Juror 9: Speech therapist with a Master’s degree.
  • Juror 10: Works for an e-commerce company.
  • Juror 11: Works for a multinational apparel company.
  • Juror 12: Physical therapist with a doctorate degree.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Stealth Juror Question

"Jurors are supposed to be impartial. A number of prospective jurors have been dismissed from the proceedings simply because they felt they could not be neutral while sitting in judgment of the former president.

"Steve Duffy, from Trial Behavior Consulting, told The Independent that stealth jurors 'fully have an opinion … but [are] trying to get on the jury'.

“'I have no doubt that there are jurors in the pool on both sides, who really want to be on the jury [but] have a very strong opinion, either for or against him, and are deliberately not saying anything to try to get on,” Mr Duffy argues. “The way you figure out who those people are is with background research, which … both sides are undoubtedly doing.'”
(Source)

Were the judge and both parties effective in rooting out stealth jurors from Trump's criminal trial? Well find out when the verdict is rendered.

Having seen this jury selection process and learning about the background checks done on the prospective jurors, it seems fair to say no one who speaks up in this forum would be selected to be on this jury.

Last edited: