The Trump Card...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I mean, is Joe Biden not “the big guy” that was getting the 10 percent skim from his son Hunter?
Well if he is a church going guy, 10% is the typical cut that would go in the offering plate so maybe he was really talking about THE big guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Santos didn't sleep with a Chinese spy like Eric swalwell did nor did he fake evidence of text messages between mark meadows and matt gaetz like Adam Schiff did.
You truly love the "whatabout" method, don't you?

While it is logically fallacious, you use it often. Whatever is said about a Republican, you immediately change the subject and talk about someone or something else. Trump this .... well what about Hillary? Santos this .... well what about Schiff? You robbed a bank in Ohio ... well what about that murderer in Arizona?

You use the method often but it persuades no one and accomplishes nothing, except possibly providing you with the convenience of not having to address the actual issue at hand.

Are you even capable of addressing the issue at hand? The current discussion is about Santos. What do you have to say about HIM? What do you think? Should he be allowed to retain his seat in the US House? Why or why not?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
You truly love the "whatabout" method, don't you?

While it is logically fallacious, you use it often. Whatever is said about a Republican, you immediately change the subject and talk about someone or something else. Trump this .... well what about Hillary? Santos this .... well what about Schiff? You robbed a bank in Ohio ... well what about that murderer in Arizona?

You use the method often but it persuades no one and accomplishes nothing, except possibly providing you with the convenience of not having to address the actual issue at hand.

Are you even capable of addressing the issue at hand? The current discussion is about Santos. What do you have to say about HIM? What do you think? Should he be allowed to retain his seat in the US House? Why or why not?
Didn’t Joe Biden lie about his record while running for President?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Eric swalwell sat on the intelligence committee and had a relationship with a Chinese spy.
Adam schiff altered text messages of devon Nunes and enter them in to evidence at a January 6th hearing.
But you all want Santos to quit because he lied....yet you all not once called for those Democrats to quit....not once.

Reactions: muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
There is video evidence of at the time vice president Biden bragging about having a Ukraine prosecutor fired because he was investigating his son hunter....he used a billion dollar aid package as the carrot.
Not one of you called him out on it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Eric swalwell sat on the intelligence committee and had a relationship with a Chinese spy.
Adam schiff altered text messages of devon Nunes and enter them in to evidence at a January 6th hearing.
But you all want Santos to quit because he lied....yet you all not once called for those Democrats to quit....not once.
Right. We just want to know what’s all the pearl clutching about Santos lying?

Attachments

• 8498BB57-5143-46E7-A6E0-05B47D766BE8.gif
    8498BB57-5143-46E7-A6E0-05B47D766BE8.gif
    170.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Democrats have the doj use the fbi to raid trumps home and office at mar largo.....you scream to have trump charged......biden does the same thing only worse and you don't say a thing.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The issue at hand is Santos winning in a deep blue district of a deep blue state in spite of lying about his qualifications. What hasn't been mentioned by anyone is that he was not unknown to the voters of his district. He lost his bid in 2020 for the same seat to incumbent Tom Suozzi by 12 points. The voters decided he was the better choice in 2022 in spite of the embellishments he made to his resume and personal experience. Maybe they were just sick of Democrats.

However, the "whataboutism" in this case is relevant when compared to Joe Biden. He's a career politician who's been lying about his education, resume and life experiences for over 30 years, with his party and constituents going along saying "that's just Joe". So long as he kept bringing home the pork they didn't care about his whoppers and neither did the Democrat party.

The bottom line is neither party is going to expel somebody for lying about their resume or qualifications during a campaign; personal integrity is no longer a factor. The voters of NY 3 have spoken.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The issue at hand is Santos winning in a deep blue district of a deep blue state in spite of lying about his qualifications. What hasn't been mentioned by anyone is that he was not unknown to the voters of his district. He lost his bid in 2020 for the same seat to incumbent Tom Suozzi by 12 points. The voters decided he was the better choice in 2022 in spite of the embellishments he made to his resume and personal experience. Maybe they were just sick of Democrats.

However, the "whataboutism" in this case is relevant when compared to Joe Biden. He's a career politician who's been lying about his education, resume and life experiences for over 30 years, with his party and constituents going along saying "that's just Joe". So long as he kept bringing home the pork they didn't care about his whoppers and neither did the Democrat party.

The bottom line is neither party is going to expel somebody for lying about their resume or qualifications during a campaign; personal integrity is no longer a factor. The voters of NY 3 have spoken.
Hey I mean they elected AOC a bartender twice so far....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'd have to go back to double check my previous posts, but I don't think I have ever called for any member of congress to quit.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Democrats have the doj use the fbi to raid trumps home and office at mar largo.....you scream to have trump charged......biden does the same thing only worse and you don't say a thing.
Wrong again. I have said the Biden documents thing should be investigated by DOJ and I have pointed out that a special counsel has been appointed for that very purpose. That's all good with me. Where crimes are committed, crimes should be investigated and prosecuted. That's not about Democrats and Republicans. It's about crimes and criminals.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
However, the "whataboutism" in this case is relevant ...
If you say so. I say otherwise. Whataboutism is a fallacy, not a valid argument.

I don't want to make points by changing the subject to something else. If I say Bob is a bad guy, I don't talk about Steve. I highlight Bob's words, actions and failures to act to make my point.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The bottom line is neither party is going to expel somebody for lying about their resume or qualifications during a campaign; personal integrity is no longer a factor.
Sad but true. However, Speaker McCarthy has said, “If for some way when we go through Ethics and he has broken the law, then we will remove him,..." (Source)
The voters of NY 3 have spoken.
Until McCarthy and the House Republicans say otherwise.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Dems in “record numbers” voted for Joe regardless of the fibs he told, but they want Republicans to be shamed into kicking Santos out of the House. This is an attempt to regain the House leadership by picking off Republicans and put Dems back in charge of sham show trials so they can lie again.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
If you say so. I say otherwise. Whataboutism is a fallacy, not a valid argument.

I don't want to make points by changing the subject to something else. If I say Bob is a bad guy, I don't talk about Steve. I highlight Bob's words, actions and failures to act to make my point.
You’re highlighting Santos and asking what we or Republicans will do about it? Well what is the standard of action that we should go by? That’s why “Steve” is brought up. Why should Republicans remove a member who lied when Democrats keep their members that lie not only in Congress, but on an Intelligence Committee?