The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Every time I hear "no one is above the law" it's from a Democrat wanting to prosecute trump....Democrats need to clean their own house first before they go after trump.
You heard it from me and I'm not a Democrat. And kindly note that precisely because no one is above the law, I do not want to see Trump prosecuted. I want to see him investigated and only prosecuted if evidence of crimes justifies him being charged.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Every time I hear "no one is above the law" it's from a Democrat wanting to prosecute trump....Democrats need to clean their own house first before they go after trump.
Fact check: True.
They lack self awareness of their own partisan corruption. That’s what happens when they live in a bubble with likeminded corrupt people. They think what they are doing is pure.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well 3 fbi agents walked up to a us congressman and took his phone while he was on vacation....that should tell you how the Democrat run doj is going to handle things.
Like a lot of other things this DOJ has chosen to turn into a dramatic production, the phone and related records could've been subpoenaed. Two agents would be FBI working in pairs as they should. Three agents is a show of force.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think the Mar-a-Lago search and fallout increases the likelihood Trump will run. While I don't think entering the race will protect him or somehow delay DOJ actions against him pursuant to the investigations they have underway, I do think Trump believes him becoming an announced candidate will somehow shield him from or delay DOJ actions against him that would otherwise come.

Granted, a certain amount of Trump mind reading is required to arrive at this view. But that's the view I have.

I also believe that if Trump enters the race, DeSantis will rise to take Trump on and take him out. Regarding the 2024 race, Trump's biggest problem is not DOJ, it's GOV as in Gov. DeSantis.
All part of the plan, Trump will run as an independent, DeSantis will be the GOP nominee, when nobody gets 270 the house will vote and they will elect Trump.

Reactions: ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
He declassified the documents before he left office. A nothingburger.
Even if he did (and that remains to be determined), it is still illegal for him to have government property in his home. And even if all classified documents are taken off the table, probable cause regarding other crimes are stated in the warrant that are being investigated. Not a nothingburger.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You heard it from me and I'm not a Democrat. And kindly note that precisely because no one is above the law, I do not want to see Trump prosecuted. I want to see him investigated and only prosecuted if evidence of crimes justifies him being charged.
You lean left abit to much.

Impeachment 1.0 Russia collusion
Impeachment 2.0 quit pro quo
Impeachment 3.0 January 6th
Impeachment 4.0 raid for paperwork.
Now tell me the Democrat leadership isn't trying to keep trump from running in 2024.

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Even if he did (and that remains to be determined), it is still illegal for him to have government property in his home. And even if all classified documents are taken off the table, probable cause regarding other crimes are stated in the warrant that are being investigated. Not a nothingburger.
We don't know yet if he had govt property at his home. There's all kinds of speculation going around regarding what Trump had and what was classified, and that's to be expected with a fishing expedition like this. No doubt there are hoards of Trump haters, RINOs and Democrats rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of Trump being personally inconvenienced with a raid on his personal residence - the first FPOTUS in history to be subjected to such a process. However he's not above the law, just like everyone else - and that's what should concern everyone else. The IRS, ATF or DOJ could come knocking at anyone's door with a warrant based on a meritless affidavit demanding to see your tax returns, bank accounts, firearms or the antiques you inherited from your grandmother. This is not just about Trump - it's about gestapo-like tactics by government agencies who will label you a domestic terrorist for making politically incorrect complaints at a school board meeting.

The FBI chefs are still preparing this burger, but we're probably going to be asking "where's the beef?" when it's served - just like the Russia collusion stroganoff.

"It still seems unlikely that this threshold will be met. We’ve learned that some of the documents taken by the FBI were marked as so-called top-secret/sensitive compartmentalized information, indicating that they should be viewed only in secure government facilities.
The designation, though, doesn’t mean that they were blueprints for hypersonic missiles or lists of classified agents. The government routinely over-classifies, and it wouldn’t have been easy for anyone to waltz out of the White House with the nation’s most sensitive information.

It must have been a hectic scene when Trump was leaving the White House in January 2021, but that doesn’t mean that the White House ushers and military aides packing up for him would have been able to access, say, a triple-locked safe and box up the nuclear codes for shipment to Palm Beach."

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The Democrats act like trump ran into his office in the White House with a empty suitcase and opened a safe and filled it with what ever would fit.....then ran out into the night to store it in mar lago.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ha! That's a new twist. One I have not considered before.
I cant take credit for this theory, my oldest daughters husband is a history major and he told me about it. Trump knows he will never get enough votes to win outright, so knowing that, he is going to use the same tricks he uses in the boardroom. If you dont like how the numbers add up, change the formula.

This whole fake fighting between Trump and DeSantis is nothing but a show, Trump will get all of his believers votes, DeSantis will get the average Republican vote and Biden (or the Democrats pick) will get the rest. After nobody gets the required electoral votes, the House will vote according to the rules and they will elect Trump. And dont worry, DeSantis will know exactly what is going to happen and will be part of it.

The only thing that changes this is if the Forward party actually takes off, that will let Trump run as a Republican with the same end result.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Democrats act like trump ran into his office in the White House with a empty suitcase and opened a safe and filled it with what ever would fit.....then ran out into the night to store it in mar lago.
If things that should not have been moved ended up where they shouldnt have been, I can give him a pass for that. But its been what 18 months, if he knew he had documents that should not have been there, they should have been returned.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If things that should not have been moved ended up where they shouldnt have been, I can give him a pass for that. But its been what 18 months, if he knew he had documents that should not have been there, they should have been returned.
I think he let aides take care of the documents.....which would explain why 4 documents were found.....

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think he let aides take care of the documents.....which would explain why 4 documents were found.....
POTUS does not pack his own boxes of records, photos, etc. Staff, GSA and other underlings do all that. Some people seem to have the idea that Trump personally was stuffing things into his pants and briefcase to sneak them out of the Oval Office. The clowns on MSNBC have been promoting this idea since the raid happened.