The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The February, 2024 Fundraising Numbers are In:

Trump: $20 million raised in Feb; $42 million cash on hand.
Biden: $53 million raised in Feb; $155 million cash on hand.

Q. How can this be? Why is there such a wide discrepancy?
A. Trump has lost 200,000 donors.

Also, this. Biden is making Trump look like a fundraising lightweight.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm going to bet one of them will start by complaining about Biden or some other political bull shlt and totally sidestep the question.
I was thinking Hillary. Often, when confronted with a difficult truth, MAGA folks like to change the subject to Hillary. They have whataboutism refined to a fine art, and they actually consider it a valid form of argument. It works in their echo chambers. It does not work in court or real life.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump and RNC Establish Joint Fundraising Committee

With Trump's takeover of the Republican Party now complete, Trump wasted no time transforming the party's fundraising efforts to meet his personal needs. The Trump/MAGA toxicity had already seeped into the party with negative fundraising results. The rot will now accelerate now that Trump's people are in full control of the party.

There is no mystery to the Trump campaign and RNC fundraising face plants. It's quite simple. Donors donate money to win elections and affect public policy. They are getting tired of paying the astronomical legal bills of a serial offender and multi-case loser, who wants everyone to believe he is a rich billionaire who has lots and lots of cash.

"As for the RNC, in November 2023, the GOP governing body reported its lowest bank balance at that point in any year since 2016, disclosures to the Federal Election Commission showed. With $9.96 million in spending money, the RNC had less than half the $21.35 million it reported in the year Trump won the presidential election."

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump's Save America PAC; The Well is Running Dry

It seems Republican donors are shying away from funding Trump's legal bills and are beginning to send thoughts and prayers instead.

1711018371338.png

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Let the seizures begin..

NY attorney general takes step toward seizing Trump assets​

Attorney General James is wasting no time as she takes these initial steps.

I'm still thinking Trump may actually have the cash lined up to put down on his appeal and thereby forestall enforcement of the half-billion-dollar judgement against him. I'm thinking his statements to date may have been to try to get a better deal out of the courts before he has to pony up the full amount. I could be wrong about that, of course. Well know when the Monday deadline passes.

I was surprised to read in the article you posted that James actually filed the judgements in the Connecticut county on March 6. As I said, she is wasting no time. The article said she has already filed judgements also in the counties that host certain Trump assets. No word yet on her filing judgements in Florida where Mar-a-Lago is. No word yet about her seizing his plane (which I hope is the first thing she does).

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There are less than 10 folks talking about this,,,,I just want gas prices to come down and the cost of peanut butters, but I've got a Harley to ride and thats good enough....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Of Course Trump Comes First ... He's Trump!

If you're a Republican candidate not named Trump, your party is no longer of use to you. Trump comes first. Go out and win your down-ballot election on your own. Trump's lawyers have been paid $76 million over the last two years. They need more! Go Trump lawyers! The heck with the rest of the GOP.

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s new joint fundraising agreement with the Republican National Committee directs donations to his campaign and a political action committee that pays the former president’s legal bills before the RNC gets a cut, according to a fundraising invitation obtained by The Associated Press.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
More Disclosure Pressure on Trump

"Violations of Thursday's order could result in the judge ordering more penalties against Trump Org, the judge warned. Those potential penalties include throwing the company into receivership and the possible forced dissolution of assets, the judge said in last month's verdict."

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Of Course Trump Comes First ... He's Trump!

If you're a Republican candidate not named Trump, your party is no longer of use to you. Trump comes first. Go out and win your down-ballot election on your own. Trump's lawyers have been paid $76 million over the last two years. They need more! Go Trump lawyers! The heck with the rest of the GOP.

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s new joint fundraising agreement with the Republican National Committee directs donations to his campaign and a political action committee that pays the former president’s legal bills before the RNC gets a cut, according to a fundraising invitation obtained by The Associated Press.
And the MAGA's continue to bow down to him. ...

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
And the MAGA's continue to bow down to him. ...
Maybe not as much as they once did. Trump has lost 200,000 donors, compared to this time in the 2000 election cycle. You don't see these donors rising up to support someone else. They're simply fading into the background as they go quiet. Many of them may yet vote for Trump but by closing their pocketbooks to him, they signal their weakening support and they weaken their candidate.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are less than 10 folks talking about this,,,,I just want gas prices to come down and the cost of peanut butters, but I've got a Harley to ride and thats good enough....
Well, if you want gas to come down, hope that electric cars start selling like crazy, when the demand goes down, so will the price. I still watch the gas prices, but every time it goes up, I am thankful I own an EV.

And just so you understand why its going up now, when Ukraine bombed the Russian refineries, the US oil companies sent the gas refined here to Europe where they could get more for it and in the meantime, it lowers supply here and raises the price, win win for them. Of coarse WE lose.

Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I understand Trump posting the bond for the one lawsuit, there is a small chance it might be changed on appeal, but he has no chance of winning the fraud trial. He is racking up over 100k a day in interest which will still accrue during an appeal. Why cant he just admit he did wrong and make an arrangement that will allow him extra time to pay if he drops the plan to appeal...... Oh wait, this is Trump we are talking about, his ego would never allow him to admit defeat....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Quotes of the Week

"I find it strange that Trump is essentially claiming that he either does not have sufficient assets to cover a bond or that bonding companies don’t trust him," Gershman added. "Either claim is stunningly embarrassing to someone who has flaunted his wealth and power." (Source)

Also:

"Wealthy Republicans are hesitant to extend large loans to Trump because he is, in fact, a crook." (Source)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why AG James May Not Come for Mar-a-Lago

"There are very few people in the world with the resources to buy such a property, so the search for that buyer could take months or a year or more." (Source) And of the people who have the resources, an even smaller number would be interested in buying such a property.

While a lot of people are encouraging AG James to seize Trump's prized Mar-a-Lago resort, because that would bruise Trump's ego, it would not be the wisest financial move for the people of New York on whose behalf James is acting when seizing Trump's assets.

As investments go, there is a vast difference between a New York City commercial building and the Mar-a-Lago resort. Because there are a limited number of buyers for such a property, and because the property cannot be easily subdivided or rezoned for a different use, the resort is a big-ticket-item that not easy to quickly move on an open market.

It's not like people are lining up eager to buy Mar-a-Lago. James has her pick of other Trump assets in her home state of NY that are faster to seize and liquidate.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
$3 Billion Windfall for Trump? Maybe, but Not Yet

The long-awaited merger between DWAG and TMTG was approved by shareholders today. While this SPAC endeavor is complex, the short story is a stock merger finally happened, such that a company with the stock symbol DJT will soon go public and its shares will trade on the open market. This company will own and operate the Truth Social platform that Trump uses and made famous. Trump himself will own at least 58% of the successor company DJT.

At it's present stock price (DWAG soon to be known as DJT), this represents a windfall of about $3 billion for Trump.

That's right ... a windfall of $3 BILLION for Trump.

Knowledgeable readers might recall that when this merger was in the news several weeks ago, the headlines spoke of a $4 billion windfall. What happened? How did $4 billion become $3 billion? The answer is simple. The stock price dropped. Investors are not willing to pay today what they were willing to pay before.

Today, the day the merger was finally and officially approved, the stock is down 5% on the news (price @ 11:14 EST).

While this is a clear windfall for Trump, and some would say a master business stroke, there are details to know.

First, as is typical of SPAC deals like this, Trump does not receive cash. He receives shares in DJT, and because he is a principle in the deal, his shares are restricted. This means he cannot sell, pledge, use as collateral, or do anything else with the shares for six months. That has nothing to do with Trump or politics. It is a standard provision for all SPAC deals.

While $3 billion is more than enough to cover all of Trump's bonds and legal bills for a long time, that money is useless to him for six months, because his DJT shares are restricted. It's like having a brand-new car but you're not allowed to drive it until six months have passed.

In those six months, the stock price will continue to change, as all publicly traded stock prices do. At some point, investors will look at the actual financial performance of the company that operate Truth Social. When they do, the stock price could plummet.

Current Numbers: TMTG (Trump Media), the company now running Truth Social, reported a $49 million net loss on $3.38 million in revenue for the first nine months of 2023. In other words ... Truth Social is a big, big, cash-sucking loser.

The other factor is, if Trump starts selling his shares to capture the cash he desperately needs, that will drive the stock down. When investors see the company's namesake and majority shareholder dumping his shares, that too will likely cause the stock price to plunge.

Yet another factor is Truth Social usage has been declining for some time now. Trump's presence on this platform is not providing a financial or usage boost; and nothing else is either.

So, yes. Congratulations are in order to Trump for this business achievement. But there is more to the story and it may not have a happy ending.

When the stock was first issued in Oct. 2021, it was issued at just under $10/share.

On the news hype of this initial public offering (IPO), the price skyrocketed to a high of $175.00. That spike was propelled by MAGA dupes who got excited over the chance to invest in the Trump name. Some of them got in at $20, $30, $50 a share. Others kept jumping in on the hype and paid $75, $100, $150 and even $175 for the exact same shares. It was OK with them, though... they were investing in Trump. What could go wrong?

A month or so later, the stock bottomed at around $41, leaving many of the MAGA dupes with a major paper loss.

The stock retraced from there, recapturing some of its initial surge, but it went on to give that up as it went down from there. It eventually settled in at $13 and ranged sideways at that level for quite a while. So now, even the people who bought in at $20 a share sat on a major loss.

In January, news broke that certain regulatory hurdles had been cleared and the merger was again on. That drove the stock price up to $58.72, but that did not hold. At the moment, on today's big news, the price is $39.39. But on today's news, unlike the super intoxicating IPO, there was no price spike. As I said above, the price is down 5% so far today.

Edit for UPDATE: near the session close, the stock is down 10.02% on this supposedly "big news" day.

Where will the price be six months from now when Trump can start selling his shares? What will become of his so-called windfall then? That's a question many investors and observers have in mind, including Trump.

Last edited: