The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How can anyone guarantee 100% that Trump won't be elected when he leads in so many polls?
Because he won't be on the ballot?
Because he will be in jail?
Because his false facade of strength and success will collapse when his NY businesses are seized?
Because his cognitive decline will get worse?
Because his health will fail him after a lifetime of eating unhealthy food?
Because his rhetoric will continue to escalate and finally reach the point where people conclude he has lost it?
Because people want their abortion rights back and blame Trump for taking them away?
Because people would like the election to be about more than Donald Trump's legal problems?
Because a third-party candidate emerges that disrupts the race such that Trump loses?
Because polls don't vote, people do?

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because he won't be on the ballot?
Because he will be in jail?
Because his false facade of strength and success will collapse when his NY businesses are seized?
Because his cognitive decline will get worse?
Because his health will fail him after a lifetime of eating unhealthy food?
Because his rhetoric will continue to escalate and finally reach the point where people conclude he has lost it?
Those are all question marks, not definitive happenings.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You said it yourself. I posed my response as questions because there are no guarantees. Same as with today's polling data. The actual election is a full year away.
I thought I heard that Trump won’t win. If someone says he won’t win, how much more definite can someone be?

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I had kids to raise, I'd encourage them to pick role models to emulate. Sadly, I can't think of more than a tiny few modern-day politicians to recommend. Actually, only one comes to mind; John McCain.
McCain called a young kid a jerk. Cheated on his wife.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I thought I heard that Trump won’t win. If someone says he won’t win, how much more definite can someone be?
I have said there is a 100% chance Trump won't win. I continue to believe that. I softened my response in answering your particular question because I did not want to hurt your feelings. Normally, I don't care how you feel. But for some reason, a softer tone bubbled up from within.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Judge Cannon has contributed money to a pro-Trump organization. Should she recuse herself for that reason?
She donated $100 toDeSantis for governor campaign. The judge donated to an organization with this agenda:
There is a difference.
But the appearance is only needed for recusal:
IMG_5171.jpeg

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Short story: The presiding judge didn't recuse herself after making a donation to an anti -Trump operation. Then allowed her bias to ignore the overwhelmingly exculpatory testimony.
You often denigrate the judges who rule against Trump. Be that as it may, their rulings stand.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
She donated $100 toDeSantis for governor campaign. The judge donated to an organization with this agenda:
There is a difference.
But the appearance is only needed for recusal:
View attachment 23335
Evidence of actual bias exists by the ton in Judge Cannon's case. The evidence is the scathing order from the 11th Circuit court of appeals that overturned her ruling regarding the special master.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Too bad there's no comparable conservative group that identifies BLM rioters;
It surprises me that no such group has emerged. The work is not technically sophisticated. There are plenty of MAGA people who have the time to do this work and the ideological motivation (rioters should be brought to justice). I don't believe the FBI or local law enforcement would ignore any tips such a group produced. But even if they did, one would think a group of MAGA online sleuths would find the same kind of satisfaction identifying lawbreakers as the Sedition Hunters and similar groups do.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Evidence of actual bias exists by the ton in Judge Cannon's case. The evidence is the scathing order from the 11th Circuit court of appeals that overturned her ruling regarding the special master.
That’s not evidence of bias. It’s a difference of opinion regarding Prosecutorial power over a defendant. Actually judges should rule on the side of caution and in favor of defendants’ rights when there is a question. Cannon did that.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That’s not evidence of bias. It’s a difference of opinion regarding Prosecutorial power over a defendant. Actually judges should rule on the side of caution and in favor of defendants’ rights when there is a question. Cannon did that.
Cannon did not rule in any way that was correct or appropriate. If she had, she would not have had her head handed to her by the Court of Appeals.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cannon did not rule in any way that was correct or appropriate. If she had, she would not have had her head handed to her by the Court of Appeals.
So what? They disagreed with her ruling. It doesn’t mean she is bias. She’s likely a judge that is cognizant of protecting defendant’s rights in her courtroom.

• Haha