The Portable Shower

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Haven't been online since March. Thought I'd answer the questions about our portable shower that we bought from Hartline Showers. Sorry it has taken so long to answer.
It works fine and has come in handy when we are in the areas where there are few truckstop showers available. We have a 96" Sleeper which affords us extra room, but I believe you could use the shower setup in a 76" Sleeper as well. The 6 Gallon supply tank heats to 110 Degrees but takes 6 hours to heat. Element plugs into the cigarette lighter. We really enjoy the convenience. Talked with George Hartline and he is real nice to talk with. Give him a call at 877-4643424 or take a look at his new website at www.truckshower.com. The unit cost is $296.50 plus shipping.
Let me know if we can answer any more questions about it. Ya'll be safe.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The 6 hour heat up time isn't that bad- that's about the average wait time for a shower at T/A:7
...plus you don't have to share your mildew with others:7
Thanks for info-
--Weave--

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hiya Weave, nice to hear from you. Glad to help about the Portable Shower. It's a nice unit. I think you can get a second shower curtain to fit Wild Bill.:7 :7

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What would be the bare minimum floor space needed to use the unit? My new sleeper will be 72". Probably too small for the portable shower, but thought I'd ask. I don't need a huge sleeper as I run solo and do get home often, but I do require one shower a day (see my picture) to avoid smelling like a zoo. (I started out as "Teen Wolf.") Plus having to ask the all important truckstop question- do I bring the maple syrup smelling towels back to the desk or leave them in the sink? Can you measure the amount of space the portable shower requires on the actual floor of the sleeper?
Thanks!
-Weave-

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maple Syrup? Hey, do you ever look to see what color the ceiling is? incredible!!The shower needs a minumum of 26"x26"x74", plus maybe a foot at the opening of the curtain for you to step in and out of. Both the supply and return tanks can be placed on the floor in the cab. I drilled a hole in holder for my metal tableleg floor mount and can run the discharge hose through it to the portable return tank {a plastic 6 gallon tank.}which I can place outside of my truck for easy disposal. I have a little plug for the floor mount when I'm through. It's so nice to be able to shower in the truck.

G

Weave, you must be going to the wrong place ;), I can count on one hand how many times we've had to wait on a shower. Most of 'em been pretty clean, too.