The official NFL refs are back

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well for all you NFL fans the official refs are back they got the raise they wanted so now they get paid $200,000 for working 20 weekends a year plus benefits including first class travel.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Also some of the healthiest pensions of any part-time workers I know of.

On the other hand, based on the first three weeks of the season, the new referee pay package is cheap at twice the price.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Most of these refs have good paying regular jobs too Doctors,lawyers, teachers so they could have stayed out as long as they wanted

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
If you didn't hear about the tweet that went out ridiculing the replacements, some wit tweeted, "UPON FURTHER REVIEW, IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT THE RUNNER DIDN'T TOUCH 2ND BASE. TOUCHDOWN, CELTICS."

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most of these refs have good paying regular jobs too Doctors,lawyers, teachers so they could have stayed out as long as they wanted

Irrelevant! IMHO

I for one am glad their back, however, with that said, how long will the honeymoon last remains to be seen. I can't wait until the first blown call.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Walt Coleman owns the Coleman Dairy in Little Rock. Ed Hochuli is a law partner of the Arizona law firm of Jones, Skelton and Hochuli. Mike Carey owns Seirus Innovation, a company that makes ski and snowboarding gloves and other cold weather gear. The list goes on and on. As far as I know, none of them have being ref as their only job. They had the NFL by the short hairs. :D