The new Cascadia from Freightshaker

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've got the brochure on it and it looks far nicer than this red/black one. I like the truck but not this color combo.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
I think that is MAYBE my next truck......Terri and I saw one a while ago and picked up the brochure. I think we are going to add our current truck to our fleet and get one of those, although I still really like the coronado.

-charlotte

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Teeen four on the Coranado but this promised to be able to house the big motor with the Arvin Meritor 12 speed tranny and be streamlined I don't think so.
Leo I feel ya as I have looked at the brochures as well but to see one in person.....
Postscript looks easy to drive but limited on options.
Mike

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wait until they get the new Detroit Diesel engines in them! Eventually they are going to have an all new 9, 11, and 14 liter engines. They introduce the first one Friday.

Speaking from a maintenance manager standpoint, they sound cool.

dieseldoctor1

Expert Expediter
I delivered to the International plant in Chatham last December and a engineer friend took me over to check out and drive the new Prostar. Just recently a friend from Freightliner(ex Int engineer)let me drive and check out the Cascadia. Both are nice trucks but in my humble opinion the International is two steps above the Cascadia. Get a creeper and go under them. An experienced truck mechanic can see quite a bit of difference in quality. Interior noise is noticeable less in the Prostar. Ride and road "feel" felt better also. Of course I didn't get to try the new rack and pinion steering that is an option on the Cascadia. Not saying the Cascadia is not quality, they've done a fine job, but from my experience the engineering and quailty of materials are just better on the Prostar.
I gave my International engineer friend a hard time because they didn't do what I have fussed at them about for over 15 years. That is make the cab the exact same width as the sleeper just like the 9000 series cabovers were.. Frieghtliner came close with the Cascadia.
Dieseldoctor

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
That Cascadia looks like it got beat with an ugly stick imo. I haven't seen it in person though. I did see the Prostar up at the Arkansas Truck Show. It was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the way the closet is an International Diamond mounted on the back wall and the whole face swing out and up when you open it. It didn't look like it hold alot of clothes. I always liked to iron about 2 weeks worth of clothes and put them in the closet. I don't think that one would them.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Peaking of kw's, I sit down in a bathroom stall in a TA once and on the wall someone had wrote "Now I know how it feels to sit in a kenworth".