The Load One Team, Greasing the Wheels, and a Rock

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well said Scott. You "get it". Not real sure how Shirley would react to being called "Wolfette" though, so we'll keep that under wraps for now.

OVM, your fictional story was spot on for this business. I've heard too many times over the years how "this is business, don't take short loads that won't make you money, wait for the big load". In my book, this philosophy means you don't "get it". I'll add my story to Scott's. Doesn't have a name, or a rock, but it might have some value.

When I was a freshman in high school I was all legs and I could run. Hello football!!! After a few touchdowns, I was all legs with a big ego and these girls hanging around. Didn't know what the girls were about, but I figured that out later. Coach simply said, "You can't win without your team mates." After getting leveled a couple of times, I figured out what he meant. From that point on, I "got it". Coach was one of those rare people that come along in your life that make a difference. We kept in touch over the years and his advice was always appreciated. Like so many others, he's gone now but what he taught me remains.

Short story, but the concept applies to just about everything. Scott got his truck because of a team effort. He complained at first, but he listened and learned. He knows he's not alone. None of us are.

I think Coach would say: We are.....Load 1!

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love it here at Load 1 an hope everything stays the way it is Quite slow lately but hey it's part of the business :rolleyes: Scott love ya man an well said buddy Hope y'all are safe out there see ya soon Dollas