The Dome Light Gremlins

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Well the Gremlins got me and I have not a clue when. Just happen to reach for the switch to turn on my cargo box light and it was gone.

So where can you get a good replacement, and are there any out there that maybe a bit more lower(closer to the ceiling).

AbeJr
TranStewart #6680
Stand Tall & Be Proud

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Make life easy and try this.

I purchased 4 white L.E.D. lights, hooked them directly to the marker light wiring. When my marker lights are on my box is light up when ever my lights or marker lights are on.

The L.E.D.s will last probably longer than the truck, and takes no extra electric current no more switches just always on when I need them on. The white lights are more expensive, one could try a couple of yellows if you do not want to spend upwards of a hundred dollars.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
PS, this also saves the batteries when you make that mistake of leaving them on over the weekend only to discover on your next start up. Can I say Jumper Cables.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I just use some of those cheapie dollar store ones that are battery operated . Has the sticky stuff already on and 1or 2 AA batteries. Now all that I need CLAPPER style ones you see at Christmas time.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thank's Guy's

Hey Broom I just noticed some L.E.D Lights in a T/A Is this where you got yours??

AbeJr
TranStewart #6680
Stand Tall & Be Proud

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>Thank's Guy's
>
>Hey Broom I just noticed some L.E.D Lights in a T/A Is this
>where you got yours??

As cautious as Broom is with his money,I doubt it. NEVER,NEVER,NEVER buy anything at a t/s unless it is an emergency situation. Here is a place to get good quality L.E.D.'s at great prices.

www.buytruckstuff.com

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I probably paid way to much where I bought them. But the reason being I wanted a perminant fix (jeffman) that idea is like putting a band aide on a gash your only having to deal with replacing batteries when you need them most.

If I can find a solution that I never have to deal with it again than its worth up to the $ I paid. I had already replaced light bulbs in the two original lamps, plus two swtiches. Was a constant maintenace battle. Since I did this two years ago I have never had wonder if they would or would not be working. Marker lights on, my box is bright and safe for me to work, unload at night.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Thanks Doggie daddy for the link. Since I am not sure when I will be home I will find some out on the road and skip the ordering/shipping deal. I am at the Iowa 70 T/S in Oak Grove, MO looking at some to get an idea (not buying them here $$$$)

Thanks

AbeJr
TranStewart #6680
Stand Tall & Be Proud